Where can I buy Hagen Ladder? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Where can I buy Hagen Ladder?

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I've been lurking for awhile and have gained ALOT of great information from you guys on this forum! I started a 10 gallon tank some months back and everything is running smoothly but after awhile I got kind of sick of knowing that I had all fake plants and wanted a more realistic effect to my tank. So I decided that I would be MUCH happier with planting my ten gallon. That is when I ran across plantedtank.net. I've learned so much about what would work for my ten gallon and have started to convert my tank. I've been trying to keep the change over as low cost as possible. I never would have imagined that starting a simple 10 gallon could cost so much money, but to me it very much worth what I've put into it.

Anyways I set up a DIY sugar/yeast CO2 system with a 2 liter bottle (like in the article about it here) and have the output tube feeding into my HOB filter intake. This seems to be working great in the day, but it is how ever kind of noisy for me to sleep right next too. To solve this I figured I'd try to get a hagen ladder but I've been searching online since last Thursday and still can't find one for sale online anywhere that I've looked. I've seen the whole hagen CO2 system that includes the ladder but I can't just find the ladder itself and don't want to spend the $30 on the whole system if I don't have too. So if someone that has bought or knows where to buy one for a good price could PLEASE let me know where to go I would be very greatful?!?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this!

Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Did you look at Big Al's? www.bigalsonline.com
Did you look at Pet Solutions? www.petsolutions.com
Did you look at Doctors Foster and Smith www.drsfostersmith.com

All three vendors carry and sell just the ladder/bubble counter/diffuser.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 09:51 PM
jgc
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
A sponsers site aquabuys.com Natural plant system co2 Diffuser I got mine from them last week, and is it bubbling nicely this morning.

For what it is worth, I shared your searching pain on this one too. Finnally say a sight that showed the picture of the nutrafin and called it by the other name.

Or at liest it is bubbling better. I am under the opinion that it needs to "slime" up a little before it works well. First day I just put it in and blew bubbles - they did not rise the ladder at all. Came back after the weekend and blew some more - they would rise a little, but then stick and combine. This morning they are making up 2/3 of the ladder before sticking and combining. Figure it will get a little better yet, but already seeing bublles shrinking to about 1/3 of their original diameter - which is pretty good absorption.

Last edited by jgc; 08-30-2005 at 12:56 PM.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 06:23 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Grigg
Did you look at Big Al's? www.bigalsonline.com
Did you look at Pet Solutions? www.petsolutions.com
Did you look at Doctors Foster and Smith www.drsfostersmith.com
All three vendors carry and sell just the ladder/bubble counter/diffuser.
Rex, did you look at these three sites? Perhaps you could inform us of what you searched for? Sorry for sounding short, but I think some posts are not posted to be helpful but to make the original poster feel foolish. I looked for a Hagen ladder a few days ago planning on adding it to my 10 gallon. Guess what. I didn't find it on any of the three sites you mentioned. I will give it to you that I was probably searching incorrectly. Please share your searching skills

Here is what I was able to find:
The three of them sell something like this:
http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/...tegory_id=2873
Having never seen a hagen's ladder in person I don't know how similar it is. Then as JGC mentioned it is always nice to support a supporter of this forum, and it is even better when it saves a couple of bucks:
http://www.aquabuys.com/miva/merchan...roduct_Count=7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
First true attempt at a planted tank.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (84/100%)
That's the nutrafin ladder you are searching for!

-Brian

FILSTAR#88
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Yes I looked at all three sites before I posted the message. And yes all three carry it. I did not search the sites for a single thing.

At Big Al's I went to Plant Care - CO2 System Parts - Plant Gro Co2 System Bubble Counter and there it was. Same item you linked to by the way.

Same thing at the other sellers.

I guess it helps if you know what it looks like and a couple of minutes at www.hagen.com will show you that.

I don't mean to sound flip but it's not that hard to find. Sure Hagen makes it but it's called the Plant Grow System. And the Hagen site tells you that.

Sometimes you just have to look outside the box. Try the manufacturers web site and then look for the product.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies,

After reading my thread user Capricorn77 was kind enough to offer me a used ones for free so I'll hopefully end up with that one! I definately didn't expect someone to do that!! Thanks for the sites though! If something happens that I can't get the one from Capricorn77 I will definately check them out for one.

Thanks,
Ben
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 01:19 AM

I also have one if you still need it ,I'll also give it to you for free just let me know.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 03:19 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (69/100%)
I'm starting diy co2 on my 20 gallon tonight and would love that ladder if you still have it. Let me know.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

I received my one from Capricorn in the mail Friday. Thanks for the offer though Maverick!!

Ben

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode