DIY project 305/405 fluval Center-- outake on each corner/CO2 diffuser - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
DIY project 305/405 fluval Center-- outake on each corner/CO2 diffuser

Hi.

I m here to share my little project with you.
How you think my current gonna be with this setup?I'm not sure if i have to many hole. I have 600 Gph setp up it that DIY project. There is 16 hole around 1/4 inch big
Font will be painted black before i refill the tank with water
see the comment on the picture

Edit:I hope the bubble will stay trap inside the tube. if it dont i'll remove the 405 so less flow come into it and remove a few hole
Total cost of this mod is 12-15$
(The PVC pipe is cut in half, I'll glue it with black sylicon right in the middle once i clean all the letter on it.The top of it will be fill up with sylicon so co2 does not get trap above the flow)

Last edited by mondenet; 02-22-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Added details to the proejct( seek advice )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Day 2

My project is going slowly but surely. My nursing class take a lot of time off my DIY.

So here i just weld a little bit my hole so i can seal then hard later.

You can see now the nipple im using to get the co2 inside this chamber.It's just above the 2 intake of my 305/405. I'll drill a hole and weld the nipple with some.

I used 1500/2000 grade sand paper to remove the lettering on the pvc pipe. I does look completly black once it's in water

Last edited by mondenet; 02-22-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: co2 info,grammar
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
looking good so far!
Subscribed cause i wanna know how this works out!

-=:Sketch804:=-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fluval pimp #31

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

It was not easy to patch those hole from the inside.Piece is no clean yet. I also made some custom plastic plug for the hole in case i want less current on a specific spot. I'll upload a pics later of those plug.

Next step will be to clean my CO2 nipple. I just realise it was block. I might pierce it again right in the middle of the nipple..like a 1/16 hole. right now it's really tiny.

Then piece the PVC pipe and glue that nipple in place or simply screw it.

I'll upload a video failure or not of my setup from the back of my tank before i paint it.So it will be a good way to see if it is effective or not.

Right now i also need to find a good way to filll the top where the water will enter so no Co2 get trap on top. The same goes with the bottom. I could just cut it also since my substrate will recover that part..

Edit: Emm I just realise that I should have used a T junction and fit it right on top of it( this way no CO2 will be traped...oh well). Yup, I'll deffinetly cut the top part and redo it. It's still long enough to but cut a little. I have one concern.If i use a T junction to connect my 305/405. Will it restrict a lot my flow, if yes then i should stay with my current setup right?. Anyone can help me on that?

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

LIttle update. As you can see my first temp nipple did not hold up well.

It was holding well but i soon as i tryed to unplug it it. It broke.

I'll hand drill that other hole and patch the other one. I'll use the nipple in this photo and screw it how it was suppose to be the first time.

Here is a few picture of how it look from the back of the tank
[IMG]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/mondenet
/002.jpg[/IMG]

I should be able to see and film how the bubble are doing in that little pocket

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode