DIY Powerhead Spraybar - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
DIY Powerhead Spraybar

Looking to buy an Aquaclear 201 or Marineland Maxi-jet 400 and make a spray bar attachment using canister filter tubing and a spraybar(obviously). Planning on attaching the tubing to the output of the powerhead and the other end of the tubing to the spraybar. Anyone ever try this? Any visual aids? And also, anyone have any spare spraybars available? and if not, where's the cheapest place i can get one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I've tried it once. I used some extra tubing that i had laying around and just poked holes in it. i sealed it off with a PVC cap. you could use the tubing to connect it to a piece of small PVC and paint it black if you wanted. then make the holes the size you want for the amount of flow.

Brandon
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Wannabe Guru

Check my sig, I made one for the 400 a couple of weeks ago. If you want I can make you one depending on the length. The section of CPVC was $3, then the can of the Krylon Fuzion cost me $7. I slid right over the outlet but if you want to use the little hose attachment to control the flow you will need to buy a section of 5/8 ID clear flexible hose, they will ding you for 12" since they only sell it that way. It ends up being about $13 in materials plus you have to calculate how many holes per inch, depending on the length of the tube of course and as an added bonus the size of the drill bit you use will affect the flow. You have homework to do.. LOL

The Fraternity of Dirt #5
I'm dirty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-RETIRED
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- 06/2012

.sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I checked your sigs, they're super nice:O But I didn't see anything about a spraybar mod? Haha I was planning on using the hose with the spraybar, like connect them all yknow, since I have like 2 feet of extra tubing.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode