DIY co2 help - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
DIY co2 help

Hello all, been reading up this site for a while, and finally came upon a question

I have recently just made a DIY co2, the reactor is working fine, it is generating at around 1 bubble per 3 secs, however, i have it hooked up to a check valve and then to an airstone, but no bubble seems to be coming out from the airstone, any idea what might be the issue here? by the way, the co2 was mixed around 3 hours ago. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
If you used the right proportions of ingredients, about 2 liters of water, 2 cups of sugar, 1/2 tsp of yeast, that problem is likely to be a leak. You should get about 1 to 2 bubbles per second with that mixture. Make a soap bubble solution and bush it generously on the connection at the DIY bottle, and at every other connection. Wait a few minutes and then look for tiny mounds of bubbles at a connection, which indicates a leak.

Hoppy
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
If you used the right proportions of ingredients, about 2 liters of water, 2 cups of sugar, 1/2 tsp of yeast, that problem is likely to be a leak. You should get about 1 to 2 bubbles per second with that mixture. Make a soap bubble solution and bush it generously on the connection at the DIY bottle, and at every other connection. Wait a few minutes and then look for tiny mounds of bubbles at a connection, which indicates a leak.
thanks for your respond, but i do not think it is a leaking problem here because I have tried even removing the bubble counter and connect the airstone to the reactor but still nothing comes out from the airstone, could this be a problem with the airstone?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 05:01 AM
Wannabe Guru

Probably not enough pressure being built up to be diffused. I would t-line another 2L of solution, and put the air stone near HOB intake or venturi intake of a pwrhead. An airstone does not give ample time for diffusion, unless tank has an airtight lid cover.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode