Would this co2 Regulator connect to co2 tubing? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Would this co2 Regulator connect to co2 tubing?

Hi there,
looking into a Co2 Paintball system... Wondering if this Co2 Regulator would connect to co2 tubing somehow?
With some sort of threaded adapter or something?

http://www.ninjapaintball.com/produc...productID_E_71

I'd use an On/Off on top...This connects to the tank.. then can I connect the co2 tubing to this?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 03:19 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (76/94%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agetupkiddan View Post
Hi there,
looking into a Co2 Paintball system... Wondering if this Co2 Regulator would connect to co2 tubing somehow?
With some sort of threaded adapter or something?

http://www.ninjapaintball.com/produc...productID_E_71

I'd use an On/Off on top...This connects to the tank.. then can I connect the co2 tubing to this?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
This is designed to go inside a paintball tank and in between a paintball tank and a paintball gun. I do not think by itself, it is useful in any way shape or form. You'd need several adapters, a needle valve.... just all in all I don't think you will get good results.

The precision needed for paintball, particularly co2 powered paintball(not compressed air... which is more consistent) is not comparable to what we need.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 03:47 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hmm... I'm following the well-known, JaggedFury method of Co2 delivery via paintball tanks... from what I can see, you use an ASA on/off, connected to a needle valve, which connects to the co2 tubing... I'm thinking that a regulator does the same job as the needle valve, however my question is whether a regulator can somehow connect to co2 tubing.. I'm not sure why i'd need a needle valve in between the regulator and the co2 tubing as you're suggesting... don't they do the same function?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (87/98%)
this is an regulator setup

you can search this forum to find out the difference between a pressure regulator setup and a paintball flow valve setup, and pro/ con of each.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm not sure if i'm quite understanding/articulating my question though!
I do know the differences between the regular Co2 setup and the Paintball setup, and have subsequently chosen the Paintball setup for my needs.
My main question revolves around the difference of using a paintball regulator and a needle valve.
- Both attach to the ASA On/Off
- Both regulate the amount of co2 released through the system
- The Needlevalve attaches to co2 tubing
- Will the posted Paintball regulator attach to co2 tubing?

It has a mini fill valve - would this be able to attach to the co2 tubing via an adapter or otherwise?

Sorry if i'm connecting your answers to my original post, but i'm failing to understand the difference between a needle valve and the paintball co2 regulator.

Thanks for the help though!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Read the owners manual on the Ninja page. The output is a typical PB pinvalve connection.

This doesn't regulate gas flow at all. It is just to provide an on-tank regulation of pressure.

good luck

Jim

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Ahhh, Thank you Jim! Never would of thought to look for a manual! Although, now that i've looked at it...still don't understand it much (Have never been paintballing)
But none-the-less, you've answered my question.. they are 2 different things.
So essentially DIY Paintball co2 always needs a needle-valve since THAT releases gas from the tank in a defined amount.
Thanks everyone!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode