DIY HOB filter temp hanger for tank change out - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
DIY HOB filter temp hanger for tank change out

For those with Pothos HOB ammonia/nitrate filters where a the bare-root plant is fully established and would suffer shock if moved, the HOB can simply be hung using 2 larges nails in the wall stud and a piece of wire under the outflow rim to support the plant so that the tank can be removed for special cleaning or replaced.

In my case I have outgrown my 55 tall tank and will be using replace a smaller 20G sump tank beneath my 210 CL tank & frame to breed and house black molly feeders and a much larger sock filter or 2 7x16 socks using a Y-PVC outflow. I don't know how they do it but since Black Mollies have proven to me their ability to keep a sump tank spotless of debris (they eat) Im all for what really amounts to a second large all-glass (no gravel/sand ornaments) floor aquarium that is kept pristine by mollies. The only way I can account for it is that they eat and brake-down the debris to a point (liquify) that that my plants and DE-nutrifying mesquite bacteria are able to use it all up turning it into plant growth and nitrogen gas that leaves the tank. Anyway hanging a mature Photos HOB filter shown in the photos below.

Signature removed due to forum violation.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode