Co2 Gone Bad!!! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Co2 Gone Bad!!!

So, I got everything and set it up. Then everything went terribly wrong! I slowly opened the Co2 tank, then slowly opened the needle valve. Looked at my tank and nothing. I slowly opened it a little more, looked at the tank and the bubbles were going crazy. Went to turn it down and boom!!!! Water everywhere, my lid almost falling into the water, part of my plant blown up. Of course the wife freaked out and said no more Co2.

Thank God nothing happened to my tank or fish, but now I have a GLA Atomic diffuser and the parts for the Co2 tank for sale. There is the needle valve and the ASA valve with the PSI gauge. If anyone would like to purchase thse items please let me know. I also have the Co2 tank. Let me know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (101/100%)
Just turn your working pressure down. You shouldnt need to run more than 30 PSI for any diffuser.

My 65g jungle October rain
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (68/100%)
If the wife's ruling stands and it needs to leave I'm close enough to be your buyer. (sorry for the bombing)

PM the details on what your wife wants to leave.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed,,, keep kicking it
RubberSideDownOnTheLanding,
2-75g planted, 3-55g planted, 110g w/30g sump, 2018 update returning to sanity (Nutz)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Yeah, I know it's not much PSI. I didn't have a regulator and I opened it a little too much. Gotta keep the wife happy.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmzjmz View Post
Yeah, I know it's not much PSI. I didn't have a regulator and I opened it a little too much. Gotta keep the wife happy.

No regulator?? How did you connect to the CO2 bottle? You are asking for personal injury if you connected straight to the bottle with no regulator ( approx 800-1000 psi )
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Maybe I am calling it the wrong thing. I have the ASA valve going to the needle valve. I thought that a regulator tells you what PSI you are actually pumping into the tank?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (8/100%)
Sounds like you were using a paintball setup?

Those run at 800psi working pressure, which isn't easy to work with. There have been several post by others exploding diffusers and bubble counters...

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Regulator does tells you the pressure in the tank and the working pressure. Without a regulator you'll have what ever pressure is present in the CO2 cylinder. Diffusers aren't made to hold the high pressures.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode