Corner Tank Canopy DIY Help - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Corner Tank Canopy DIY Help

So after reading I'm still up in the air on what to do for my lighting. I was thinking like 20 regular bulbs or hanging T5 fixture. Hanging can be chained/pulley from ceiling or on "arms," but for aforementioned I would need a canopy. The most realistic answer I have found so far is mounting to TV wall mount that pans 360. 54 Gal Corner Tank is what I have. Getting into planted tanks has been a itch for me considering all of my tanks are very irregular and generally uncooperative for planted. With the stubbornness of a mule I refuse to capitulate. I want a neat/clean and practical solution because I overload all my tanks with fish (currently the 54 gallon has around 150 fish, yes that number is correct). Since they are overloaded I have lots of babies and tend to pluck some for re-location. I also move loaches from tank to tank once the snail population gets heavy. In addition I do stupid things like add baby red-tail catfish and have to get them out and re-home in 2-3 months. We all do what we love and this sort of chaos behooves me. I was thinking of a permanent canopy that is fixed to the wall but reaching into the tank would get dicey unless there was some sort of hinge. This solution seems to be the best if I could pin down solutions for foreseeable problems.

Thank You Again for Reading and your Input

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode