cooling down 45L water tank as cold as possible? (for no more than $200) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question cooling down 45L water tank as cold as possible? (for no more than $200)

Hi,

what is an economical way to cool water in a 45L tank? i want the water to be as cold as possible. now the water temperature is 35c.

- if i get a cheap water cooler like this one: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1BiiVO...9q6xyypXai.jpg
, then connect the cold outlet to the tank and put a water pump in the tank and send it back to the water cooler? if yes, can you help explain it?

- or, these cheap aquarium coolers https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000462429723.html, are they useful? how low can they get the water down, if it is 35c ?

- another way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2020, 05:16 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
Little deep feezers can be found cheap on c r a i g s l i s t or similar. Really depends on how cold you want it... If you want it frozen, get one big enough to put the 45l container in. Otherwise, plumb it through the freezer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 01:14 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Perhaps the more important question is how much lower than room temperature you need to go. Things like room air conditioners will provide a certain amount of temperature drop and that is also true of many of the cooling items we might use for the tank.
A cooling fan system can make a good difference in the tem but not if the room and humidity are too high. So how many degrees do you feel you need to drop?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 07:52 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
what kind of room is it going to be kept in? if everything around it is too hot then you're going to end up burning out the cooling system.

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode