AIO All In One aquarium layout - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
AIO All In One aquarium layout

Not something I've seen too often in planted aquariums but I'm hoping a few people with experience will just give me their views and opinions on the system.

I think this system would suit me just right having the filtration built into the end of the display and allow me to access things with ease e.g. filter foam is quickly and easily removed for a rinse through, I'd also not have the pipes to clean through quite the same amongst many other things I would in a conventional external filter. I can also hide a lot of the things away like dosing pipes, ATO, heater etc.

-In the first section (weir) it is intended that water is drawn through the top so it will hopefully remove any surface scum, water would then go through some filter foam supported on egg crate to remove any debris.
-Next would be an under baffle and over baffle leading to the second chamber which water would flow down and mainly be bio balls for biological filtration but would also allow me to add things like Purigen or activated carbon should I choose all supported again on egg crate.
-Again there would be an under baffle and over baffle leading to the return section where I would locate the return pump, heater, ATO, dosing pipes and CO2.

The return pump will be adjustable so give me some control on flow passing through the system and I also plan to give an RFG Random Flow Generator a go to see quite how that works for getting flow around the tank.

There are some drawing which are not finalised; the main changes being the weir comb will start with a solid piece (not a large space), the weir comb will also be turned into slots so still the same height but with a 5-8mm capping piece over the top, ledges adding in the first section and I think that's about it.

Experienced views welcome to give me some input please.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_BUTLER 1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	890607  

Name:	thumbnail_BUTLER 2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	890609  

Name:	thumbnail_BUTLER 3.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	890611  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 11:03 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
This looks very similar to one I built in a 20L recently. I don't have pictures of the build, but I based it on the NUVO Fusion Peninsula 20 here:
https://www.innovative-marine.com/pr...sula-20-gallon

So far, I like it. I have some details about it on aquaticlog here: https://www.aquaticlog.com/aquariums/zivz/2

I don't have any fauna yet, as I'm still waffling about the substrate and dealing with new tank algae issues.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 06:43 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
This would be beautiful if built!

is this made into a glass or acrylic tank?

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode