Completely built Arduino shield (Mrman V2) for Iaqua - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Completely built Arduino shield (Mrman V2) for Iaqua

I am having MrMan v2 shields completely built by a professional board house. Every component machine placed and soldered. Makes the Iaqua a very doable project. I have contacted MrMan, and he gives his blessing to sell these for what they cost me plus shipping. Who is interested? It make the Iaqua a nearly plug and play project. Just plug in a Mega 2560 and a display, and start playing with the software. The code is much more simple than soldering a board full of flat packs. This is a limited offer. Message me quick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Got prices back from the board house

Hi everyone. So if anyone is interested, I am going to have 3 totally completed boards available. This is not a money up front deal. I will pay for the boards and people can pay before I ship them. Total price for a MrMan V2 shield with all parts installed is going to be $78.00 plus shipping. The only change is replacing the screw connection blocks with Molex friction lock headers, So you can plug the board in and out. The molex pins and connectors will be about $20 from Digi-key and Amazon has a great crimper for $22. So, $42 if you populate all of the headers, for a much easier and more professional appearing wiring job. Add on a Mega 2560 and a 3.2" TFT. You are looking at $150 for an 8 channel PWM light controller, a temperature controller, 3 dosing pump controllers, automatic top off controller, and 8 controlled AC power outlets.. Without doing a daunting soldering job. I estimate at my skill level, and I'm a 35 year experienced navy trained pro soldering tech, about 40 hours of construction time for the board alone. This makes the Iaqua an approachable DIY project.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I wanted to emphasize that I am not making any money on these boards

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode