LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
BluAcro up and running again...

https://blueacro.com/acrostar/products
Quote:
Daylight Freshwater

• Channel 1: 3x 4000k Neutral White (High CRI); 1x Lime. 700mA max current, 12V required
  • Channel 2: 3x 2700k Warm White, 1x 485nm Blue, 1A max current, 12V required
Quote:
Maximum PAR at 12 inches
  • No reflector: 85 PAR
  • Reflector with Diffuser: 230 PAR
  • Reflector only: 480 PAR

ChrisAZ and Quagulator like this.

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 10:54 PM
Algae Grower

Anyone have any experience with these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 03:17 PM
Planted Member

I run two over my 20Long Reef, the 24W "HalfMega" (with a custom loadout for my purposes, the owner was happy to do for me!) and I really like them. Very easy to use, the solderless connectors work well, and the mounting is easy. Highly recommended, availabilty however is sporadic, as the owner has a day job, and this is his side project.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 07:30 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

BlueAcro was started by O2surplus right?

I might be dutch but I don't have a dutch scape.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fietsenrex View Post

nope..

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 03:23 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingwendil View Post
I run two over my 20Long Reef, the 24W "HalfMega" (with a custom loadout for my purposes, the owner was happy to do for me!) and I really like them. Very easy to use, the solderless connectors work well, and the mounting is easy. Highly recommended, availabilty however is sporadic, as the owner has a day job, and this is his side project.

Would you be willing to share a pic or two showing how you have them set up?

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 07:22 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Username is Theatrus on Nano-reef, among other places. I think he dropped in on a thread here a while back? I'd have to check to find it. I haven't been terribly active in DIY aquarium stuff for a while.

Ah- here it is-https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...-design-2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAZ View Post
Would you be willing to share a pic or two showing how you have them set up?

I'll try to dig up some pics, if not I'll take more and try to post them. I like them a great deal.

EDIT- here you go, these are some of the newer ones using the Luxeon C, mounted in a 20" heatsink enclosure from RapidLED (highly recommended, BTW!) this is an older pic before I was using LDD_L drivers, and I had a 10 watt multichip for a moonlight at the time.

They sure do look great, hard to get accurate pictures though with this much blue-

Oh, for anybody that isn't aware, O2surplus has passed on. He was a good dude, and contributed so much to our community. I figured I would mention since his name came up.
ChrisAZ likes this.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 01:30 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrol View Post
nope..
was because of some posts like this one *click* that I was under the impression that it was the work of O2

I might be dutch but I don't have a dutch scape.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
was because of some posts like this one *click* that I was under the impression that it was the work of O2

They were sort of on parallel courses...each w/ their own slant on things..
Mining discussions on ReefCentral would show that..

O2 was def. "all in wonder" type stuff..

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 05:26 PM

Dimming Fail

Hello

I'm trying to get iAqua up and running.
Actually, it is synonymous but when I try to dimming the Arduino crashes and then takes over the new brightness without dimming.
I would find it more beautiful if the Arduino does not crash and nice and slow dimming.
Do I have to set something in the setup?
I have an 8 relay module. PCA9685 and the TouchDisplay on the Arduino.
Do I still need to connect the temperature sensors so that the watchdog does not sound alarm?

Greetings André

Bump:
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 12:20 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
We both love cool lighting, its all I can say. Happy to hear any suggestions on other lineups, shapes, etc everyone is interested in.
Maryland Guppy likes this.

blueAcro.com
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Planted Member

Hey, you're alive! Have you had a look at the Luxeon Sunplus horticultural stuff yet like we mentioned a while back? I see that they now do mint in the SunPlus series. The Sunplus cool white sure is lovely that I've been running on my nano in conjunction with a few others... Between the sunplus mint, sunplus cool white, and the Luxeon C line there are a ton of great emitters available these days.

Any plans to incorporate a pair of drivers onto the LED pucks? I think a 24W with a pair of adjustable drivers onboard would be lovely for Nano setups.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 06:44 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingwendil View Post
Hey, you're alive! Have you had a look at the Luxeon Sunplus horticultural stuff yet like we mentioned a while back? I see that they now do mint in the SunPlus series. The Sunplus cool white sure is lovely that I've been running on my nano in conjunction with a few others... Between the sunplus mint, sunplus cool white, and the Luxeon C line there are a ton of great emitters available these days.

Any plans to incorporate a pair of drivers onto the LED pucks? I think a 24W with a pair of adjustable drivers onboard would be lovely for Nano setups.
I'd love to know if the SunPlus are just the Luxeon C re-marketed. Any insights? I haven't gotten around to asking Lumileds yet, but the specs are identical.

I'm not looking at drivers on the pucks at the moment, but am looking at connected drivers that directly mate/but up against the pucks using these connectors: Horizontal Plug: 10-9159 | AVX

Same ease of assembly, easier to manufacture and test.

blueAcro.com
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatrus View Post
I'd love to know if the SunPlus are just the Luxeon C re-marketed. Any insights? I haven't gotten around to asking Lumileds yet, but the specs are identical.

I'm not looking at drivers on the pucks at the moment, but am looking at connected drivers that directly mate/but up against the pucks using these connectors: Horizontal Plug: 10-9159 | AVX

Same ease of assembly, easier to manufacture and test.
my 2 cents.. There seems to be 1)lensing differences and 2) believe it is a tweaked phosphor pack prob. borrowed from the FF..w/ a CRI of >95

Luxeon C lists 6500K at >70CRI..
Quick look at the data sheets shows "sunplus" to have a better blue/cyan output than a "typical" 6500k C diode..AND red...
Less than .2 relative vs almost .4 relative..
Think I plotted both in SPECTRA and if one "believes" in the data.. there is that difference..
C's are nice diodes in their own right but not quite a sunplus..
C series 5700K 90cri (lime line) is "sort of " a better equivalent..w/ the "better" phosphor pack..
theatrus and AguaScape like this.

Last edited by jeffkrol; 01-02-2019 at 07:29 PM. Reason: edit
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 04:23 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatrus View Post
We both love cool lighting, its all I can say. Happy to hear any suggestions on other lineups, shapes, etc everyone is interested in.
The half mega daylight is pretty exciting. However, I would like to have the option of something more powerful with more adjustability. I would be very interested in seeing a AcroStar Mega4Z LED designed for freshwater planted tanks. The Mega4z has 4 channels divided into groups of 5,4,4,and 3 leds each. I am sure that something could be set up that would provide great control between warm and cool light as well as adding reds, blues, and greens to provide more tunable color. To be completely honest, I do not know enough about spectrum blending to make a suggestion on layout myself, but there are those here who do know a lot more about that kind of thing <Points at @jeffkrol>. I am sure that with 16 leds you can create a great blend of colors that would be ideal for our use. Perhaps Jeff would want to chime in with some suggestions as well. Based upon the price of the half mega daylight, I think the price point could be pretty close to $1 per watt which would be very competitive with other options that are out there.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode