125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 05:10 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.TNBuckeye View Post
@RLee & @ jeffkrol,

I tried to contact the people @DIYregulator.com to see if they would just tell me which pieces/package to buy. I haven't heard back from them so I decided to go to Holston Gas today to see if I could just buy the bits there and have them assemble. While there they said my regulator will "freez" and that co2 is corrosive due to being "wet." The being a corrosive gas goes against the research I've done. From what I understand it's mildly corrosive. Will this Harris GP702-125-346-A work, or should I start from scratch?

TIA

No it should not freeze and no it is not corrosive enough to effect anything. The GP uses neoprene diaphragms which Harris says should not be used with CO2. Being a used regulator there is a chance it is damaged or malfunctioned in some way but that would be the only thing that would keep you from using it. To properly test its function you must install a CGA-320 nut/nipple so you can connect it to the co2 bottle. If you search youtube there are several people that will walk you through the testing of the regulator.

Last edited by RLee; 05-31-2020 at 05:23 AM. Reason: add
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 08:46 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (89/98%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.TNBuckeye View Post
@RLee & @ jeffkrol,

I tried to contact the people @DIYregulator.com to see if they would just tell me which pieces/package to buy. I haven't heard back from them so I decided to go to Holston Gas today to see if I could just buy the bits there and have them assemble. While there they said my regulator will "freez" and that co2 is corrosive due to being "wet." The being a corrosive gas goes against the research I've done. From what I understand it's mildly corrosive. Will this Harris GP702-125-346-A work, or should I start from scratch?

TIA
Whoever tell you that "freez", or "corrosive", only give you the excuses.
For regulators dealing with "freez" situation are for real fast flow of co2 application. The regulator is either the harris model 3 regulator type with heatsink body(for cold dissipation), or with a build in heater(a power cable run from the back of the reg). You don't see these types of co2 regulators often and we only pump co2 in sccm unit, run at least half a year to years on a co2 tank instead of emptying the co2 tank in hours.
Wet co2 and corrosive is another none sense, occasionally there might be a little moisture in the co2 tank but it doesn't cause trouble, and almost all commercially available co2 regulators are brass, if wet co2 and "corrosive" is the issue all brass regulators are needed to be outlawed.
If a co2 regulator internally water logged for a long period of time, there might be trouble, but it is the same to all co2 regs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon Pimp Club #17

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode