116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #196 of 196 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisha View Post
Hi,
I'm wondering if I could ask you gents for help. I purchased the Ebay regulator posted by AguaScape, and received it. It's lovely looking. I'd like to make a paintball setup, for space reasons, and would like to it to stand up. I haven't gotten around to sourcing the rest of the build yet.

I just came back from a trip and was sad to see my plants wilted from lack of CO2 - I'd been using a ghetto-rigged mini bike tire inflator with disposable CO2 cartridges, turning it on each evening for a few hours when I came home from work, and my plants were doing well! But it's too finicky to ask someone to do this for me while I'm away if they are fish-sitting. In any case, this has prompted me to get started on the regulator.

I'm not overly technically minded, but have read enough from you guys to know the parts like the solenoid and NV -55-18 in the kit from DIYCO2regulator would be good for this job. I have no interest in integrating a bubble counter. (I do think an analog flow meter would be cool and useful!)
The only thing is I want to keep everything vertical as much as possible, and nice and tightly parallel with the regulator mounted vertically on the paintball tank - does that make sense? I don't want it to topple.

I'd buy the post-body kit, and a few additional pieces if that's recommended, but otherwise should I just buy the solenoid and valve?

But could anyone suggest some generic hardware dimensions that I could use to make a nice vertically oriented build? Complicating this is that not all sellers on Ebay will ship to canada, but I might be able to find similar hardware in Canada (Toronto) locally.

Thanks so much in advance for your input!
That reg is pretty much ideal for a vertical setup. You would need an adapter for paintball fitting to a 1/4 NPT male. From there you would probably want a 1/4 npt male 90 to turn back downwards to your solenoid and metering valve. Pretty much identical to the build I posted except the bottle would feed directly into the end of the reg instead of doing the double 90 turn back from a horizontal output.

I may come across as a know-it-all. In reality, I have no idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode