Regulator Solenoid - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Regulator Solenoid

I have decided to take the plunge and build my own regulator for my planted tank. I have put an offer for a Harris 402C and hopefully I can snag it up. Now I’m trying to get a burkert 6011 solenoid for it but the burkert website has 69 models for their 6011 line. I have tried the aquariumplants.com route but it appears they no longer sell the 6011s. Does anyone have a suggested model number or website that sells an appropriate model? I’m also looking to get a type 2507 cable plug for the solenoid as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 04:03 PM
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (144/100%)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 05:42 PM
Algae Grower

I was wondering if anyone ever went this route.

I'd also like to know what sort of solenoid people use in this application, as I already have an applicable regulator in my tool shed.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks, those are exactly what I was looking for
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 11:43 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Algae Farm View Post
I was wondering if anyone ever went this route.

I'd also like to know what sort of solenoid people use in this application, as I already have an applicable regulator in my tool shed.
I bought a post body kit off diyco2regulator.com, easy to put together and troubleshoot so far. Also, their customer service has been top-notch! They helped me figure out how to put the clippard mouse solenoid back together after I accidentally disassembled it.

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 03:35 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
For anybody looking to change out solenoid or build from scratch, I find the Clippard Mouse series has a lot of points that make it my favorite. One is that it is reasonably easy to find the correct model on the auction around $15 for new. But the features it has are the real selling point for me.
One of the biggest failures for solenoids is the way we use them which can create enough heat to dry any lube and make them stick. So the solution, for me, is to move to the Clippard which uses such low power (.67 watt!) that overheating is nearly impossible. Also the mechanical movement is totally different so that they can last for millions of cycles in automation, which should make them nearly impossible to wear out in our use.
I also look at the added value of using 12VDC power which is very safe around water as well as easy to run and place at the reg.
If you are looking for a quick and easy route, this can be a great choice for getting both the solenoid and manifold:
https://www.diyco2regulator.com/co2-...5-manifold-12v

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode