DIY CO2 counter question - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Location: North of Spokane, near Canadian Border in Washington State
DIY CO2 counter question

I am trying a small DIY CO2 system on my 40 breeder. The reactor is a 20 oz bottle and I'm using yeast/sugar. I could't make the small bubble counter I saw, so I repurposed a botched cap I was going to use as a brine shrimp hatchery...so what I'm using is a liter bottle between the solution bottle and tank.
Like So: (see image)
The bottle on the left takes CO2 output from my solution bottle and simply lets it bubble in the bottle for counting. My question is will this bottle dissolve and remove the CO2 before it goes to the tank?
Or will the water in the second bottle get saturated, letting CO2 into my tank?
I'm still trying to find out how much to use, so I'm going with 1-2 bubbles per second.
Thank You
Attached Images

“Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies-"God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

Last edited by BlueVelvet; 08-16-2018 at 10:39 PM. Reason: adding info, now correction

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode