Too much co2 pressure - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi. I setup my 1st ever co2 diy system using citrus and baking soda. 200gr each. 1:2 on citrus and 1:1 for baking soda. Unlike others who struggle with low pressure i am afraid of my pressure which is 3.5 psi. Using ista 3in1 diffuser a regulator, bubble counter and check valve. 2 soda bottle 1.5l. Is 3.5 psi too high? It didnt pass 3.5 tho. Was at 1.2 before i leave home and reached 3.5 in the morning. I am afraid to leave it on during weekend. My tank is at the office and wud be messy if it explode lol

Btw i bought the diy co2 system online,

I put 400ml water with the 200g citrus based on their instructions, not sure why 1:2, other local sources in my country says the same ratio but see the online sources outside Indonesia says 1:3. Would like some details on the effect too.

Saw some diy setup using a magnetic ball attached on the citrus bottle will that help lower and raise the pressure if needed? Many thanks in advance.

Updated, the co2 ran out quickly with the current condition, only 4 days, saw some big bubbles sometimes coming up as well, washed the bottle and refill it this time using 500ml water with 200gr citrus, 200ml water with 200 gr baking soda, started at 0.5 bar now around 0.8 bar. (Btw last time it was 3.5 bar not psi lol). bubbles are smooth no big bubbles at all so definitely used to much citrus concentration making huge pressure bump and short span.

Last edited by Termites; 07-09-2018 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode