Anyone using IKEA LED's for moon lights - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Anyone using IKEA LED's for moon lights

I was forced to go to IKEA recently and saw that they where pushing LED fixtures. Some look very interesting. I know it's not DIY but mounting them and such would be.

Here are some examples:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60180767
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00119424
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80124290
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00119419

I know some look pricey but you can get them in different configurations, I just can't find the smaller ones online. Many you can "add on" because it uses one power supply and links them together. I couldn't find the favorites ones I saw. Most are only white (the color ones do various weird things) but some can be set to a certain color as they use RGB leds (I assume).

Love to see some pictures, I was planning on going with cheap eBay automotive ones but these look a lot cleaner.

-Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
Interesting - I might pay IKEA a visit
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyn1 View Post
Interesting - I might pay IKEA a visit
Trust me, they have a lot of cool stuff. The lighting isn't as cheap as other stuff they sell but it's still cheap, just not dirt cheap like some other things they sell. They also have a bunch of LED replacement bulbs for regular lights, I think they have the size that fits the Fluvel Edge too. Trust me, I am not a big fan of IKEA, going to IKEA is a horrible experience for me, lol, but I was impressed with their lighting. Unfortuntately, some nice looking fixtures only come in the "soft white" that is the orangish incandescent color range.

-Matt

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode