Wasser-Controller 2.0 - COMPLETE Aquarium controller - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Wasser-Controller 2.0 - COMPLETE Aquarium controller

So I have been posting in the Wasser-Controller thread about my Wasser-Controller. I started with a simple controller with one DIG 8056 - AC 6S controller. I didn't like how only two timers could be actuated at once. I am using the 'midday burst' lighting method, so I need to stagger two sets of lights. Plus I have my CO2 that I want to come on 30 minutes before the lights. Because of this, I expanded my Wasser-Controller to two DIG 8056 - AC 6S controllers and dubbed it the Wasser-Controller 2.0. This lets me control four devices at once and up to 9 total devices (limited by my power supply).

Now lets backup over 1.5 years ago. I wanted to auto dose my EI ferts with a dosing pump. I found a KILLER deal on a brand new Aqua Medic Quad doser with integrated controller on eBay. I got it for about $150, IIRC. The whole issue with this doser for a fresh water ferts doser is the control strategy. It starts all doses at the exact same time and doses based on time intervals. I could never figure out how I was going to space out my Macros and Traces on opposite days. Now fast forward to 30 minutes ago. I was researching aquarium controllers on the internet and finding the prices hard to swallow. I found that many claimed to dose just by generic pumps put on a timer. That made me think that I could ditch the controller in the Aqua Medic Doser and use the Wasser-Controller to dose my ferts. I ripped apart my dosing pumps and found the motors work on 110V. Bam! The full potential of the Wasser-Controller 2.0 is realized! Two sets of lights, moon lights, CO2, auto top off, individual macro dosing, and trace dosing.

Here are the pics of the Wasser-Controller and my 'customized' Aqua Medic dosing pump. Aqua Medic was nice enough to make the design modular so it fits back together and looks perfect! Now I just need to make a trip to Lowes to try and find some power cords to splice in and I am in business!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 04:53 AM
Planted Member

*Language removed* thats so dope!

Last edited by sewingalot; 01-27-2011 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Watch the language, please. :)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 05:02 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Now all you need is to connect it to a wireless router so that you can check on your aquarium anytime, anywhere!

Anthony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Well done!
I like the aqua med hack "I think".
Kind of followed some of this on the other thread.
md

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode