how do i kno wwhat kind of yeast to buy to many to choose from - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
how do i kno wwhat kind of yeast to buy to many to choose from

hi i was thinking of trying different yeast. i use fleishmanns fast acting yeasy or there instant yeast.

i ben reading up that champagne yeast is supposed to be the best but grocery stores around me dont sell it neither do liqour stores. i searched online and i really dont want to buy wrong one. 3 websites i looked at apperently theres at least 10 different kinds of champagne yeast. does anyone know what kind i should get? or if im wrong and there is a better yeast what the best kind is. currently i run it out of nutrafins bottle and ladder was going to try the 2l soda bottle when i fill next and get time to make it. also i know i made thread about yeast but is hagens system or the soda bottle better for co2? i tryed searching the dyi forums i couldnt find anything abotu whats better just explaining how to make them and what mixtures measurements u use stuff like that and google i learned u nrarely get a exact answer everyone seems to have there own opionion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
I doubt it matters which champagne yeast you use. Champagne yeast was probably recommended because it can survive a higher ethanol (alcohol) concentration, and will be able to keep producing carbon dioxide for a longer duration.

I'm not trying to be mean, but ... your posts will be better received, and easier to answer, if you spend some time on grammar and sentence construction.

Best of luck,

Tom

edit: you can find champagne yeast at a homebrew supply store, if you have one in your area.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode