After a few years of screwing around with sub-optimal CO2 systems, I've decided to build my own. I managed to score a high-end Airgas dual stage for dirt cheap, and I'm ready to take the plunge, but all of the tutorials I've found on the site seem to be missing photos and have broken links, making it fairly confusing to follow.
This is the regulator.
What I know I need to do:
- Swap out the CGA346 connector with a CGA320
- Install a solenoid (prefer Burkert) and a good needle valve.
What is somewhat confusing to me:
- The output side has currently has a 1/4" male 1/4" male connector already installed. Can I keep the LP downstream 1/4" all the way, or do I need to switch to 1/8" at some point?
- There are two open "ports" that appear to be about half the size of the 1/4" ports - but they aren't on the body itself - but rather the large mounting nuts on front and back. I don't get the sense they are in the gas pathway. Do I need to plug these?
Here is an image gallery.
Here are my questions:
- Is it possible to determine what parts I need to buy just by looking at these pics?
- Is there a one-stop-shop for the parts I need, or can I expect to deal with multiple suppliers?
- I'd don't want to take the cheapest route, but also don't want to drop a small fortune on stuff like a "Swagelok Platinum-Coated $uper-Deluxxx Vernier Metering Valve".
Thoughts? Advice? Offers to build it out for me for a fee? Please let me know!