Faucet adaptor for python (Junior Cache) - The Planted Tank Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By AbbeysDad
  • 4 Post By AbbeysDad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Faucet adaptor for python (Junior Cache)

Hi,

I have a modern faucet with a recessed aerator(male) of size M21.5x1 (junior cache).
I need to connect the Python siphon pump which i believe is standard size.

I tried to find an adaptor that converts junior cache to standard but I havent been able to find one. Can someone help me out here?

Thanks,
Dhaval
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Algae Grower

This right here will do the trick. I had the same problem.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20g high and 10g planted low tech tanks.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 03:16 AM
Planted Member

Hello! I had the same problem too. I just brought the python connector to the hardware store; they typically have faucet demonstrators that you can try. Their plumbing guy found a 3$ adaptor that did the trick.

Now I wish I could connect mine to the shower since our bathroom sink is tiny! any random leaf will clog the drain and cause it to overflow in 10 seconds. I know i'm asking for trouble by using it. The bathtub is only 4 feet from my 60g so it would be ideal. Still haven't found an adaptor that will work. Takes much longer to overflow a bathtub ha

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem View Post
Now I wish I could connect mine to the shower since our bathroom sink is tiny! any random leaf will clog the drain and cause it to overflow in 10 seconds. I know i'm asking for trouble by using it. The bathtub is only 4 feet from my 60g so it would be ideal. Still haven't found an adaptor that will work. Takes much longer to overflow a bathtub ha
Why not siphon into the tub, then use the Python to refill the tank?

Note: I use an Eco 396 pump with quick disconnects to a garden hose to remove water. Although I have a hose adapter for my sink, I pre-filter water to remove nitrates, so I use a couple of nested 18g Sterlite bins, pre-heat the filtered water, and use the same Eco pump to refill the tank.
mbkemp and mbkemp like this.

Tank On, Mike-
60g Marineland Community, Finnex Planted+ 24/7, Silica (pool filter) sand.
10g, 29g, & 37g fry grow out tanks, 110g stock tank.

What came first, the chicken or the egg. It was the egg, but not the egg from a chicken.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 02:49 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbeysDad View Post
Why not siphon into the tub, then use the Python to refill the tank?

Note: I use an Eco 396 pump with quick disconnects to a garden hose to remove water. Although I have a hose adapter for my sink, I pre-filter water to remove nitrates, so I use a couple of nested 18g Sterlite bins, pre-heat the filtered water, and use the same Eco pump to refill the tank.
Hello again! I do siphon into the tub via gravity. Problem is refilling it; if the connector were to pop off or oh, I don't know, a young child would reverse the flow by playing with it, the bathroom would be flooded in seconds. It happened twice at my old house and the sink was much larger.

When you say nested, you mean stacked up? That must take up a lot of room...?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
When you say nested, you mean stacked up? That must take up a lot of room...?
One bin is nested inside of the other empty bin making it/them stronger to better ensure against a water disaster.

Tank On, Mike-

What came first, the chicken or the egg. It was the egg, but not the egg from a chicken.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 01:44 AM
Wannabe Guru

Hmm...instead of an adapter for the sink, why not get a hose adapter for the shower head, then a short length of hose down to connect to the Python?
deeda, deeda, mbkemp and 1 others like this.

Tank On, Mike-

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 02:27 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Hello! I had the same problem too. I just brought the python connector to the hardware store; they typically have faucet demonstrators that you can try. Their plumbing guy found a 3$ adaptor that did the trick.

I siphon into the yard and water the plants then refill from the sink. Free fertilized gardening water? Yes please!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 01:53 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botia dude View Post
I siphon into the yard and water the plants then refill from the sink. Free fertilized gardening water? Yes please!
Hmm not a bad idea. My tank is on the 2nd floor though. I could at least water indoor plants with it, if I had a larger watering canm thanks for the idea

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbeysDad View Post
Hmm...instead of an adapter for the sink, why not get a hose adapter for the shower head, then a short length of hose down to connect to the Python?
Perhaps i can find a loooong shower hose... since I've had no luck finding an adapter that convert shower size to faucet size. Apparently only specialty plumbing shops carry such things, or so plumbing guy at the hardware store told me
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 08:12 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
You could adapt from something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Danco-10086-V...b+spout+shower

For an extra $102.29 you can even have someone come by and slip it on the spout for you!

Also, keep in mind that if you unscrew your shower head from the arm (the curved chrome pipe sticking out of the wall) you'll have a standard 1/2" male pipe thread. If you unscrew the tub spout you'll also have a standard 1/2" pipe thread.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 09:15 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode