CO2 Question - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
CO2 Question

So I see a few thread about putting a diffused bubble under the intake of a HOB filter, I'm only now first doing CO2 of any kind, and decided to put a hole in my intake just large enough to insert the airline tubing from my DIY CO2 into. Am I going to be getting terrible diffusion?

It's on my 20L tank, and I have it set currently to ~1BPS. I have a drop checker, just no 4kdh solution yet so I'm just letting it go.

Solution is 600ml water/200g citric and 200/200 baking soda/water
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 03:02 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Isn't co2 with HOB filter wasting a lot of co2 in the water?

My Tanks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Subscribe to my

Follow me on

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 03:26 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Two things jump out when I think of this. One is that it will get the CO2 into the water but as the HOB splashes into the tank, there will be loss to the gassing off into the air.
I have no figures, etc. but might guess that some form of "diffuser" type gizmo letting the bubbles out directly under the flow from the HOB might be more effective.
This "diffuser gizmo" might be something as simple as a cigarette filter on the end of an airline held down with a small stone glued on? It doesn't need to be ready made elaborate if it is hidden in the weeds we like to grow!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
I will also say there is no splashing from the hob, I keep the water level high enough that there is no drop into the tank.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode