DIY Gravestone - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)
DIY Gravestone

I just wanted to share a gravestone my sister made, I had to blur out our last names, I hope that is understandable.

Peachy was my Peachy Faced Lovebird, and the Sarasa Comet is also mine. The Sarasa Comet was "defective" with only one eye, so Petsmart let me have it for free. I had him for a few years, he was maybe 1.5" when I acquired him and died at 6". He was best friends with my Common Comet that I had also adopted, but from my friend's HS Biology lab.

Both I and the Common Comet were devastated when Sarasa died. And it was because of me. I had never been so attached to a fish before. I think it was not only because he only had one eye, but because I got him to grow big! Never before did I ever managed to have any fish grow bigger than when I first got it! Plus he lived longer than just a few months. My fish always died after several months, but living for years?! I was thrilled in my new success! I was totally saddened when Sarasa died...

My sister painted it on some flat stone with some acrylic paints and finished it with a clear varnish.

And here are Peachy and Sarasa's ashes. They basically died on the same day as each other, just several hours apart... So I had them creamated together for $35 since the lady was nice enough. Normally it would've been $35 per pocket pet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Our first fish was a fantail goldfish named Kyle. The wife and I were both pretty attached as it was our first fish. He only lived for a couple months, but when he died we buried him in a potted Aloe Vera plant and my wife made a little DIY tombstone to mark the grave. I doubt we will ever be quite as attached to any other fish.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via AIM to VadimShevchuk Send a message via Skype™ to VadimShevchuk
Did you go to a regular cremation center or at a pet store?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazi View Post
Our first fish was a fantail goldfish named Kyle. The wife and I were both pretty attached as it was our first fish. He only lived for a couple months, but when he died we buried him in a potted Aloe Vera plant and my wife made a little DIY tombstone to mark the grave. I doubt we will ever be quite as attached to any other fish.
I have never felt so attached to my fish ever. My goldfish I adopted are the 1sr ones I ever got attached to. Probably because I raised them and they lived for more than a couple months and they grew bigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VadimShevchuk View Post
Did you go to a regular cremation center or at a pet store?
I went to a pet crematorium. I don't think regular crematories do animals, and I've never seen a pet shop cremate O_O

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode