DIY 2G Fish Tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi
DIY 2G Fish Tank

could anyone suggest what do i need to begin with, i would like to try this project. i could buy the needed stuff only from store like lowes or home depot
unless there are other places. i would like to make it rimless and i also want the clear white glass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
I small tank is pretty easy to make (made a couple in the past). IMO the difference in cost between DIY and store bought isn't enough to make it worthwhile with small tanks. For clear, not green tint glass, I think you'll have to go to a glass shop and order it. HD and Lowes carry the cheapest glass they can find.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
+1...unless you want to do something strange or unique...a small tank is definitely cheaper to just buy at the store. That being said maybe youre just one of those DIY people in which case I would recommend doing acrylic just because it will be higher quality than the glasses you can buy from HD and lowes like the above mentioned.

Eheim Pimp #423
My Riparium:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Tenzo
There was a thread about someone making one out of picture frames. He/She just took the glass off, siliconed them together, and used 2 remaining frames as rims. Just a suggestion haha, if I find the thread, I'll give you a heads up
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (56/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
There was a thread about someone making one out of picture frames. He/She just took the glass off, siliconed them together, and used 2 remaining frames as rims. Just a suggestion haha, if I find the thread, I'll give you a heads up
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/pl...-aquarium.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi
thank you guys, i will look into that thread

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode