I have just created another DIY CO2 Reactor using a Rio Powerhead 600. It abt 7" long.
Desige is to 2 plastic bottles, Dia 2.5", cut to half, discard the bottle base, take the openings and attached together. A small amout of coarse filter media (1" thick) at the bottom of reactor. CO2 was intend to inject from the top by a tube (Near Powerhead output on top).
CO2 has yet to supply to reactor. However, the problem is Water is able to flow reversely into the CO2 output tube. Flow is weak, but still need a pressure to overcome.
I have tried
- remove the filter at the bottom to provide an free flow-out of trapped water
- placing the output of CO2 Tube away from the powerhead output
- to put a air-stone at the output of CO2 tube
- to contain the output of CO2 tube (a very small container, to act as a bubble counter place inside reactor.)
- just the output tube with nothing attached
Yet, water still able to flow reversely into the output of CO2 tubing. Kindly advise, and help to identify the problem.
I dont wish to change a weaker powerhead. I suspect the trapped-water flow inside has higher pressure, thus causing a reverse flow in to a Dia.4mm CO2 tubing...