1. I do not siphon the ground..LOL there is no cleaning. When I do my water changes I simply put my siphon in and drain
2. My rule of thumb with Dirted Tanks is "SET IT AND FORGET IT" I do not rearrange plants, if I dont want a plant anymore (ie sword) I cut it at the base and slowly snip the roots.
3. It doesnt matter to me if a little mulch is sitting on top of the cap, looks natural
4. I have well over 200 in my 75, they are so smooth that when they rise up from the substate the cap surrounds them and covers the hole quickly
5. Its to keep the dirt where it belongs (DOWN)
6. Neither did i in the beginning..Load up on some easy plants for now. Vals, Waterspite Rotela Crypts. Just remember with the crypts that you have them where you want them, they are heavy root feeders and have large roots
7. Some, I had mine setup for a month before I added any fish. I would put about 2 Water-sprites in there to begin with.
8. After your LIQUID TEST kit says you can
The Fraternity of Dirt #26
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low Tech
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.