The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 9.6 gallon - Iwagumi style nano
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Cento
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seank View Post
Id say HC for a carpet, as long as ur trim it regularly itll do fine. Any chance you purchased ur setup from Aqua Inspiration? I have a strange feeling u did lol. I have the same light lol, almost the same tank too only its a 9.5 gal with different dimensions. I like hardscape # 2 btw.
Ha! I DID get it at A.I! For some reason, we live in a greater metropolitan area of nearly 6 million, and there's only one store really that carries this kinda stuff... Sheesh..

I had a bad experience with HC. I found that unless you trim aggressively, it will lift on you. And when you constantly trim aggressively, you see the bare stems for most of the time. The only time it looked great was the day before I had to trim... I'm still deciding on the carpet. Also, it depends on who's carrying what on the day I wanna setup.

Now, as far as a plant to complement a carpet, I guess it would be best to choose a plant that is not too tall or large leafed. Especially if I'm only gonna have 2 or 3 species In there. What are some options?

P.S here's an updated pic...
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341954098.170609.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	50557

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Regards,

Cento

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PIMP #427 - 2 x 2213, 1 x 2206, 1 x Surface Extractor

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome