The Planted Tank Forum banner

Re-done 10gal planted shrimp tank. Almost first aquascape

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Calle 
#1 ·
Well, whilst waiting for my new lights for my 82 gallon, I got to work on our small 10 gal Juwel tank. I've upgraded the lights to 2,2wpg.

The substrate is Fluval shrimp. occupants at the moment are 14 sakura cherry shrimps, and 5 Endler guppys.

The guppy's will be transferred to another tank when I get hold of my 10 Crystal red shrimp, and transfer 4 sakuras to my mates tank.

Plants were added yesterday, and I still need a tad more substrate in the left bottom corner...

I dose daily with Liquid co2 (easyalife easy-carbo) and at the weekly 30% waterchange, i use liquid ferts (easylife Pro-fito).

Here's hoping my small surviving tufts of eleocharis parvula survives in this tank... and spreads... I intend to steal back some patches of it from this tank, once I get the light sorted out in the big tank..

Comments, questions and feedback?

//Calle

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep, that's the look I'm aiming for, I've even added two small fern looking plants :)
I figured this look would give the shrimp lots of "tree-trunks" to climb around on, as I hadn't thought they were such fervent swimmers... I just hope the grass will spread..

I'm thinking of adding some more stones and logs on the "ground", with javamoss attached, but I'm afraid that might spread onto the substrate...??

//Calle

#7 ·
Thanks guys!

I'm actually considering getting rid of the background, and replacing it with a plain black one.

Oddly, I think there's something, wrong, in my scape, as it doesn't project the serenety and tranquility I was hoping for. I got a couple of more rocks, so I'll buy some more javamoss, and add 2-3 atleast.

Any suggestions on how to make it a bit more calming, or should I wait for everything to fill in before mucking about too much?

//Calle

#9 ·
Ah, time for my shame. It's not wood... It's a waterproof plastic vine for terrariums.... That I cut up, re-siliconed and bent stands for :)

You can actually see the twist in the bottom left corner, where I intend to add morre substrate....

Could't find any decent roots :)

//Calle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.