48 gallon discontinued? - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
48 gallon discontinued?

Does anyone know if the 48 gallon 90 cm tank has been discontinued? If so, are there any plans for something similar with mr. Aqua?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40B Dutch
20L Farm
Finnex & CO2Art everything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 10:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
The 48 gallon tank that you are asking about is still a current stock item. The model number is MA-830 ( Fortune ) 48 gal. it measures
( 35.4" x 17.7" x 19.7" ). Please visit the Sevenports.com to search for a retail store in your state or visit Bulkreefsupply.com . You can contact any one of our retailers and they would be more then happy to special order it for you if they don't already have it on hand. We can even drop ship the tank to you directly if you went threw one of our retailers. For any other questions feel free to contact [email protected].

P.S. see attached pictures of tanks

Thanks,
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	^A00EDE95923EAC18C7EFCBB5CF919CBC634A308C71CB37E0C3^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	569425  

Name:	^B30A8EC737BAF762F39CD8F54563B00C48B6105A53F5651C12^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	569433  

Name:	^EED39961605C913CCF9F1408E7B304C42E17AD64CE4A7DA069^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	569441  

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 09:23 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I had plans on setting up a high tech 32 gallon mr aqua passion. I emailed bulkreefsupply.com and they told me that they only offer what's on the site (very limited selection) and they will not special order any mr aqua tanks. It's a huge bummer because the closest sevenports retailer to me is about a 1.5 hour drive one way. Hopefully some more online retailers will carry more of the mr aqua tank line-up soon. Great affordable rimless tanks that kind of just dissapeared overnight.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I actually emailed the same site and didn't receive a response for the 48 gallon. Big bummer. Wish it was easier to find these tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40B Dutch
20L Farm
Finnex & CO2Art everything
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 06:59 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
I have been searching for the 32 passion. I went onto the sevenports website and called all retailers in MA as well as the lone one in NH. I also searched marine depot which only lists 2 much smaller tanks.

ALL of the retailers i spoke to admitted to severely downsizing or even eliminating their mr aqua items in the last few years. Most stressed that even bothering to look up the tank for me was not pointful because their business with sevenports was so dried up they would only be doing a single item freight order which would up to double the costs of a tank. One retailer suggested deep blue as an option as they do shipments with them almost weekly and could special order any of their products with no shipping up charge. Deep blue has a lot of size options but not exactly what I was looking for.

Would still like to purchase the mr aqua 32, but after 2 hours of searching online and half a dozen phone calls to listed retailers, I'm done trying as the attempt has gotten me to think they really AREN'T available realistically.

The above message from sevenports , which owns mr aqua, suggesting marinedepot (which doesn't actually sell the tank the OP was looking for) points to internal disorganization at the very least.

When someone spends 2 hours to seek out your product and can't actually get to an order screen (regardless of price) or a person on the phone with a price quote......

Shame.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 02:47 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Through extensive online research I've found that aqualabaquaria.com has the Mr aqua 32 and 48 listed as in stock on there site. I've gone as far in the ordering process up to clicking "place order" because I'm broke now lol but seems legit. 213 for the 32 and 399 for the 48. $10 flat rate shipping I believe. It is a shame these tanks became such a snipe hunt. I'm hoping bulkreefsupply see's the demand for these tanks and starts to carry more of a selection.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The 32 only had 1 in stock. And now it's gone.

CAUSE I GOT IT

Thank you a ton for finding it.

Side note, sevenports messaged me directly after my earlier post. Very professionally asking if I still was interested in getting the 32 that they would do the leg work to make it work. That's pretty cool.

Bump: OR NOT.

James,

Thanks so much for your order with Aqua Lab! The Mr. Aqua tank you ordered is really nice and we know youíll love it.

However, we are working hard to get more transparent aquarium shipping rates posted to our website. As you can imagine this is a challenge. Until then, we are following up with customers who ordered tanks to discuss freight and shipping.

Shipping a tank of this size will be no less than $150, likely more. I am willing to cover any difference if you can help with the first $150. It will need to be crated or palletized.

Did you need any other gear? If you get more stuff I can definitely help cover more of the shipping.

Let me know and thanks so much for your support.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

----------The Tank---------------------------The Car--------------------------The Life-----------
Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Man that sucks, I'm sorry, were you charged? Prices like that make me highly consider the ada 60h (45), same dimensions as the 32 passion. I just don't understand how these became so hard to find, especially considering their growing popularity. I try to find these tanks daily online so I will update with further findings.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I had paid already via PayPal. I just told them to refund the payment as the price difference was not ok.

Currently in contact with sevenports which is 'looking into possibilities'.

I totally get that shipping these is expensive and that it gets passed onto the buyer, but that's why I presumed to find some localish retailer that gets these in big shipments that helps spread the shipping costs among many items.

I'll keep ya all updated on what the sevenports guy comes up with!

Hopefully it's a viable option for me and others.

J

----------The Tank---------------------------The Car--------------------------The Life-----------
Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 03:03 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Marinedepog would've shipped for free if they still carried it. :/ the 22 long just came out few months ago and already discontinued. Luckily I got mine but wondering why they no longer carry all the tanks anymore.

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I'm sure it was just a business decision to save them money somehow or being that it is a new year there may have been new import/tax regulations or something they didn't want to deal with, I don't know but it certainly doesn't bode well for us. Maybe the demand just wasn't there, popularity was for sure but that doesn't necessarily mean sales. I did, however, just purchase the Mr. Aqua 3 gallon bowfront form BRS, no problems there. Maybe if we bug them enough they will consider carrying a broader selection of these tanks.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 12:02 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well resolution is complex but ongoing. local retailer trying to piggy back some shipping items with sevenports.

Still talking $80 in shipping for the tank, but that at least gets it into my budget.

Sidenote: AquaLab was really pro about the whole thing. After I declined the $150 shipping, They offered to swallow the freight charges for their error. After I declined again, I was given a 10% discount on future purchase for the trouble. they do right by their customers

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 11:58 PM
Algae Grower

Lol. When I purchased my MA-615 60 gallon 2 years ago I ended up paying $774 for the tank + shipping from california to ohio. The first one arrived broken, the 2nd one was just fine and is thriving.

I'd love the 22 gallon ultra but hey, they are now discontinued. It looks like its time to start looking for another company to spend our money on.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 12:18 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Are you talking about the MA-750 & the MA-750Li ( 22 gallons ) ( 32" x 12 x 12" ) those are our new bookshelf tanks they are NOT a discontinued tank.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MA-750 Exquisite Promotion.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	588354  

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 04:59 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenportsOFFICE View Post
Are you talking about the MA-750 & the MA-750Li ( 22 gallons ) ( 32" x 12 x 12" ) those are our new bookshelf tanks they are NOT a discontinued tank.
Hi, yes, I have been searching for another MA-750LI as well to go with the one I already have. The first one I got from Marine Depot but now they are unfortunately discontinued. They cannot be found anywhere else on the web that I can see. Do you know of any retailers stocking this tank?

Mr. Aqua Exquisite Ultra 22 Gallon Frameless Low Iron Glass Aquarium

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode