The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - learned my lesson the hard way
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
tatersalad
Fat Guy In A Little Coat

PTrader: (11/100%)
learned my lesson the hard way

I learned my lesson about making adjustments to pressurized co2 systems this weekend. I recieved my new up aqua in line co2 diffuser in the mail Friday, I got it all hooked up and just kinda left my flow where it was before this new diffuser, drop checker stayed about the same color. Next morning, it was blue, so ok, I crank it up a few times throughout the day Saturday and by the end of the day my drop checker was a dark green. I'm shooting for light green so I give it one more tweek and promise myself to check on it before bed one more time. Needless to say, I forgot to check it and woke this morning to 3 dozen dead neon tetras and a dozen cardinal tetras. I managed to revive my cory and my two ottos. Terrible terrible mistake on my part. I originally ran an airstone at night in this tank, I don't have a solenoid. I had my old setup dialed in where I didn't need the airstone at night. I totally forgot about the airstone and needing it during this tweek time with the new inline diffuser.
I'm pretty upset about losing all my pretty fish. I don't know how I managed to save the ottos and cory cat.
I hope maybe by reading this any newbies out there working with pressurized co2 will learn from my mistake and have something in place to keep from killing the fish at night, whether it be an airstone on a timer or a solenoid on a timer.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome