Satellite + x2 with Ramp Timer - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Satellite + x2 with Ramp Timer

Now that the Pro Ramp Timer has been out for a bit along with the Regular and Dual versions, what worked out the best for you? I understand that you need to have the lights set to a pre programmed color or you will have flickering issues with all the other custom settings.
Right now I have had the Single version ramping my Satellite + for a while now without issues, I never use the custom effects, I just have it set at the brightest color. I have just scored on a second Satellite + and I thought it was going to be easy to just buy a Ecoxotic dual splitter and that the Single Ramp timer would control both, I was wrong, it will only control one and the second one will just stay on and not ramp. Here comes my question finally, should I just get a second Single Ramp timer or go with a Dual or even the Pro version? If I go with the Dual or Pro, will one power supply be good for both or will I have to buy a higher amperage one? I'm thinking the Pro will most likely be over kill since I won't be able to use all the extra features anyways.
Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)
All this time and no answer huh?

For me, I have the dual on a single fixture, and I like it for the simple fact that it will let it ramp down to a certain percent. I would say it would also be more convenient to have it rather than two of the singles.

FWIW, I had a single on this tank and I liked it, and I have one at my dads bar over that tank, and it works well. Easily hidden from drunks and makes it so we do not have to walk any new employees through how to work the fixture.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp #475
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thanks for the reply, I actually tested them all out, but forgot to update in this forum since I asked the same question on a few of them. Here were my findings.

"If anyone is still wondering if one Single or Dual Ramp Timer will work with two Satellite + Led lights the answer is yes, if combined wattage is under 48 watts. I tried using a 36" and a 48" combo (55 watts combined) and it did not control them together, only one would get the command set. I had already invested in the two Sat+ and a single ramp timer so I just picked up one more ramp timer and I'm pretty happy now. Yes they only control the ramping if set to a default color, but it does it well and that's all I use it for, all the extra effects got old after a while. Freshwater non planted tank. "

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)
Ah thanks for the clarification!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp #475

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode