Current changed info on dual ramp/ sat+ compatibility? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2014, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Current changed info on dual ramp/ sat+ compatibility?

OK just recently when I posted this link to a forum the info said the sat + would work with dual ramp timer. Actually according to the old info the dual was the only way to get moonlight. Single only did dawn dusk, and pro supposedly didn't work?

Now here is the current info...
http://current-usa.com/ramp-timer-co...lite-led-plus/

So what is the deal current??? ...Was the old info wrong and the dual never worked with the +? ...Or was there some conditions? ...I thought I remember the light just had to be set on one of the preset color modes? Were other other conditions? Did this work or not?

I'd just like to know if the info that was up for what a year? ...was wrong or if the new info is wrong/incomplete?

If it does work like how they used to say it did, can we please have that info back? If it was just wrong all that time, then it would be good to explain that in the post so you don't get more people who remember the old info confused and askinging " what's up"

Love the direction current has gone with these and the e-series, just looking for clarification... Not trying to bust your balls

More of my weird little world, (Fox, frogs, plants, drawings, etc..etc...)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)
I have the dual on a satellite+ and it works. I do have issues with it usually if I place the cloud cover on it. Sad to hear they now consider it incompatible. So now I am wondering if I should take it off?

Eheim Pimp #475
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by majerah1 View Post
I have the dual on a satellite+ and it works. I do have issues with it usually if I place the cloud cover on it. Sad to hear they now consider it incompatible. So now I am wondering if I should take it off?

If I remember the old info, it said it would work but the dynamic modes might not work properly. Hopefully current will chime in, as I can't advise you... but my guess is that it is fine as long as you just use the preset colors. I don't think using a dynamic mode will burn your house down... it just might flicker or something.

So just to be clear, the ramp up/down is working, and it is doing min intensity for the moonlight... all automated right, as long as you don't fiddle with it?

More of my weird little world, (Fox, frogs, plants, drawings, etc..etc...)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode