e-series ecoxotic - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
e-series ecoxotic

good afternoon.
* My friend, about four years ago I bought two e-series 120 cm fixtures , but only now i have started using them, although following the manual is not possible to turn on and off automatically,just manually, and one of them even turned off manually has rgb leds on, what I do?

Thaks guys
antoniopereira
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Do you mean on ramp timer mode? I don't think it can go all the way off automatically --- unless you set 'moonlight' to nothing. Meaning, you press all colors all the way down to 0 and then set that lighting level to the moonlight preset. That way, when the timer cycles to moonlight, it effectively turns everything off. It's annoying, yea, because now you lose the moonlight functionality in case you wanted it.

One alternative is to add an additional cheap power timer in front of its own timer. This way, the factory ramp timer can lower it to moonlight, and then at a later time, your additional timer can turn it off completely. Then, at some time before your m1/sunrise, you turn the power back on for the ramp timer to resume the cycle. The disadvantage of this method is when the power comes on, if I remember right, the light flashes to max for about 1 second and then goes to the setting that it was turned off with -- which was moonlight in this example.

The second alternative, which I think is better, would require some electronic knowledge on your part. You can build an arduino or raspberry pi controller with an IR emitter that simulates the remote and send commands to the receiver throughout the day. This way, you can turn on, moonlight, sunrise, full day, trigger thunderstorms, sunset .. whatever you want. This is the controller I built, but it may be hard to find the parts for. https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/20...ontroller.htmlIf you peruse enough on these forums -- especially in the DIY forums, you may find guys with far fancier controllers. Good luck!

As far as turning it off and still having rgb on, are you pressing the moonlight button on the remote to turn it off? There's actually a power off button on the top right. Off is fully off. Moonlight is merely a preset that reflects what you intend it to be.

If you're trying to turn it off from the ramp timer itself ... I've found it to be sort of buggy. The remote is the best way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks dear friend I will try.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Good morning

Dear friend,how you told me ,I got turned off the red led, I pressed all colors for the moon light to 0.
But when I put the fixtures to operetion again ,they dont turn off,they ever keep linked
The moon light function dont enter in operetion,I checked and all colors of this funtion they are in 0.
I think is easyrer I to use a simple timer.
Thanks again and sorry my bad Inglish .Good morning,

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode