The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Nano water changes...
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 12:36 AM
150EH
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Texas has that nice hard water with the high TDS, another member here has a TDS of 1100 and wants a Discus tank so you know the filtration is awesome. Even with RO you should be adding a gH booster to add the basic micros, a dose of micros from Plantex CSM+B, and a dose of macros, and your TDS should end up in the 300 to 400 range. If you are dosing daily in a Nano you need to be doing a 50 to 80% WC each week, because is easier to make a mistake and you have no volume to hide it in. I have a nutrient rich soil but don't dose at all with no C02 I don't need to dose and I don't want any rapid growth.

GLA has the best gH booster IMO
Plantex CSM+B would be you second move
and I think I would leave macros out all together.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome