3Likes
  • 1 Post By PA Woods Vivariums
  • 2 Post By PA Woods Vivariums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
An Easter Surprise...

A special update is needed for this because it's very special and important to the project I'm working on.

I said 5 years ago was the last time I saw a juvenile wood frog in my woods and have searched for them ever since. Well April 19 we were actually searching for American Toads and I saw something jump across the abandoned road we were on. I immediately got out I knew it was larger then a spring peeper but jumped very far. My friend identified it first and it was a young male Wood Frog!

I do not have any pictures just yet but seeing the Wood Frog in my woods again I have an idea of where they live and it's a good thing. So the frogs must have migrated to the part of the woods that is posted on both sides. Nobody cuts it down and there are no houses on this road for a mile. It's the beginning of the edge of my woods and it is the home apparently for the Wood Frog! This youngster looked different from the wood frogs we saw in the area being deforested. It looked really nice with markings on it to help blend in. This was very prominent.

The reason this is big news is that the Wood Frogs still exist in my woods after an absence of 5 years it's almost another breakthrough discovery to find them again.

I'll upload pictures of it soon!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

varanidguy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

The Wood Frog from my woods!
Shout-out to Tyler my friend for taking the picture!

Sarpijk and varanidguy like this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 06:36 PM
Wannabe Guru

That is awesome! Great find, congrats! I hope their population can make a comeback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode