Five Lined Dumpy Family - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
The Five Lined Dumpy Family is doing good...

Sorry it's been so long for the update on these two kingdoms I've been trying to do a lot lately and had been meaning to get back on here to give a good update for everybody.

The Dumpy Family is still to be dewormed and the plants cleaned because they have the nematodes like the native species of my animals. Everyone seems good but I updated the water area and see much less of Fin. He seems to be hiding more now then before. Max is doing well and Spurgeon and Jeremiah are croaking and active every night.

The Skink Dynasty is doing good. Amsi is still nursing eggs, Pharaoh is eating a lot more then usual, Florence has become more comfortable with people and the snail population has skyrocketed. We found one specimen and brought it back. It appears to have mated. Anyway now I see like around 3-5 large snails at times. They have adapted to the climate! The lone baby Cope's Gray Tree Frog is doing well and we will try baby crickets soon! The Bumblebee Millipedes were sexed and I have two females so now I know I really need a male. They and the Canyon Isopods are doing incredible. The Isopods have been breeding and I'm waiting to let them max out in size so they might survive living in the Skink Dynasty.

The Five Lined Dumpy Family is doing good but needs dewormed, more plants (for the Skink Dynasty at least) and need a new lighting system to incorporate heat, uvb and night lights.im overall happy with them being quiet for the most part and like I said episode 3 will be coming after next week sometime so I can get done with an intense summer class.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Kingdoms Episode 3 talk and more...

So it's been a while since I have talked to you guys. There has been a lot going on and I've been learning a lot about insects and my own amphibians. I wanted to make sure that everyone still knew that the Five Lined Dumpy Family is the top priority on YouTube and various other places. Everyone is doing well.

For the Skink Dynasty I haven't seen the Skinks as much but I saw their soil is very damp so they probably are unhappy about that. It probably does feel like the wet season for them! No sign of any babies.

Florence has been doing well and seemed to settle in and he is doing so good. He croaks occasionally but has been quiet.

The baby Cope's is starting to eat baby crickets for me. I'm hoping to grow it and maybe by fall to have it in the Skink Dynasty.

I'm close to putting the Bumblebee Millipedes in the enclosure as well. They seem to be doing well and I just have a lot of animals on my plate at the moment and it might be easier. That means everyone who eats fruit and vegetables would be together! And more pre killed insects for everybody! I will be pondering this for a while before I make my decision.

The Dumpy Family is doing great and they seem to be doing well enough to hold off for a vet visit. All the frogs seem to be more active and seem to be more excited with warmer temperatures.
Max ate a Hornworm moth I forget the name of it. Maybe a hawk moth? But anyway it was almost as big as her. I only did this because she's an adult and she was hungry. I managed to get the moment on video and it may appear in Kingdoms Episode 3. Fin has been well. He's not seen much since the updated enclosure and there being more space for him but also more hiding spots. He comes out when he's hungry.

Kingdoms Episode 3 is taking shape. Baby Skinks, discovery of the species eating fruit, return of the working class, Florence caught eating, Max eating a hawk moth, the updated enclosure of the Dumpy Family and more. It's truly going to be a great episode. While it will hopefully deliver for you all it will be giving way then to another project I've been preparing on the horizon. But it's not relevant in this discussion.

Are you excited for Kingdoms Episode 3?

Who do you want to see in episode 3?

Do you think it's time to add the Bumblebee Millipedes?

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

New Episode of Kingdoms! Checkout the video and the extra video from today!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode