I finished adding the foam, created some more surface area for the frogs by carving, and then added a huge cave on the left side underneath the river. I hope it works out. I plan on running a couple small led black lights inside for viewing and hope to grow luminescent mushrooms inside. Sure you guys have seen the kits. I tried it once in a ten gallon but they never grew. have read they are hit and miss. i might try them one last time. would be cool i think.
I finally added the first layer of dry lock on today and it took almost an entire gallon. this will definitely be my most expensive build yet. at $35 per gallon, 1 more coat and then touch up work will soak up another couple gallons. that and like 5 sheets of polystyrene, 7+ cans of GS, 3 tubes of silicone, 2 bottles of titebond III, 1 bottle of gorilla glue, 1 sheet of dry moss, 1 brick coco fiber, and more.......
Biggest hurdle right now is fitting the damn thing into the tank. it's like a giant rubix cube. once the layers of dry lock set, the whole thing will be less and less flexible. getting it in without breaking it is a huge ordeal. hopefully only one or two more times and ill be done.
Im going to have to use some expanding foam and silicone to seal the whole thing once its inside the tank that will be a challenge in itself i imagine.
ill snap some pics tomorrow
more to come
Last edited by Learner; 01-11-2017 at 05:36 AM.