Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Lawerenceville, Ga In a Van down by the river.
What is a good fish for a planted nano tank?
So far I have a pretty good sized list but looking for more:
1. Sparkling gournamis...Stay within 1/2 inch
2. Hephastus Cories...Stay within 1/2 inch.
3. Honey Gournamis (Dwarf)...found only two stores that can order them in Atlanta, they are a type of sparkling gournamis but instead of silver they are honey golden...stay within 1/2 inch.
4. African Dwarf Leaf Fish...stay within 3/4-1 inch.
5. African somekind of dwarf catfish...looks like a minature raphael but stay within 1/2-1 inch. I have only found them once.
6. White cloud minnows....includes gold ones...stay within 1 inch...
7. Neon tetras...kinda on the larger side...stay within 1 to 1 1/2 inch.
8. Chocolate Gournamis....little harder to feed, they need frozen or live, no flake...stay within 2 inches.
9. Bettas...largest nano fish in my opinion....
10. Shell dweller cichlids..I have two in a pico tank...stay so far over a year under 1 inch...don't remember the actual name...
Any other suggestions?
Bunches of tanks.
Reef, Planted, vivarium, terriarium, salt.
I worked my self up from nothing to a state of extreme poverity