20long is back up! - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crawfy989

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Well after staring at my empty 20 long for months, I finally decided to set it up..After many days of deciding on how to scale it and what type of set up I wanted, I decided to go with a low light set up. I wanted something simply but that looked professionally done. I decided to go with certain swords that will grow emersed out of the water as well as some bolbitis deformitis with some different types of ferns. I also wanted to big with driftwood that will stick up out of the water too..to me it just makes it look that much more natural, something you would see in the wild. Well enough talk, let me know what you guys think!!

https://i.postimg.cc/VLsY7TZS/608-CF...-E736-DDA9.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/8z5zC3h8/487820...-AFDCBC3-B.jpg

https://streamable.com/haahf5

The stocking is
1 Bolivian ram that I took out of my 90
1 juvenile bristlenose that I found living in my fx6 filter on my 90G when I cleaned it out. idk how the heck he survived in there ha
14 golden white clouds
6 emerald green “corys”(scientifically not corys)

I chose to go with the fluval nano planted light with 15W. I drilled it into the wall above the tank and gives off more than enough light, I actually turned it down to only about 50% on the whites, slightly less red and only 1% on the blue..too much blue light will cause algae issues. I wanted this tank to have shaded areas with different light amount going into the water at certain areas. Having the driftwood coming out of the water helped achieve this look I was going for. Hope you all enjoy it!! Let me know you guys and gals think!
P.Isley likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-13-2020, 04:01 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looks great!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode