Wanted to share - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
 54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
I'm about to get a Fluval 3.0 that will overlap the rim of my 16G tank because I can't find anything better at the price. This will be my sixth, the first five being Nanos. Ten photo points let me do three photo-periods plus a brief night phase. I can copy my settings from one light to another. I can enjoy my tanks at 07:00 and 21:00 without running all day.

Cheers

On that size, have you considered simply doubling up on a couple Nano 3.0ís?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 03:25 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by varanidguy View Post
On that size, have you considered simply doubling up on a couple Nano 3.0’s
I use two Nanos on my 20G, but the 16G bow-front is a rimmed tank, so the Nanos cannot fit. It is 20 inches wide.

I am tempted to sponsor one of the mods with a Nano to fabricate a 3D-printed bracket that would fit.
varanidguy likes this.

Style: Organic soil, sand, gravel, plants, moss, algae, snails, shrimp, small fish
Tech: Fluval Plant Nano, Top Fin MF10, Tunze 3161, Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Last edited by Streetwise; 10-29-2019 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Details
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
It is a rimmed tank, so the Nanos cannot fit. I am tempted to sponsor one of the mods with a Nano to fabricate a 3D-printed bracket that would fit.

The 16G bow front is 20 inches wide.

Yeah thatís a tough call. Also it would be nice if risers were available. An additional 2-6Ē (depending on tank) would be nice for proper spread. The light bar itself isnít the full width that theyíre rated for (the 36Ē being more like 33.25-33.5Ē). It negatively effects spread and itís really my only complaint so far with these lights.

|

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Anybody need some blyxa? lol

I pulled up one section of it to see how many propagations I could harvest...7. I got 7 individual plants from it (some still had additional forks so it could have been more).

Iím leaving the rest of it alone for now

Asteroid and Desert Pupfish like this.

|
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 11:50 PM
Algae Grower

Nice. What is the large red/dark green plant left foreground?

The real fountain of youth is being a musician
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchblack View Post
Nice. What is the large red/dark green plant left foreground?

That is a crypt flamingo.

|
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 11:54 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
I just wanted to share my 40 breeder. Itís not perfect, itís not 100% algae free, and I just rescaped the right side, but I finally feel like itís becoming something I can be proud of. Itís taken a lot of trial and error, and I owe a lot of the moderate success with this tank to the community here. The people who have helped and answered questions are an invaluable resource, thank you all.

Now if only all of the blyxa japonica would stay planted.

Nice, what is the large red/dark green plant on the left foreground?

Bump:
Quote:
That is a crypt flamingo.

Thanks

The real fountain of youth is being a musician
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-03-2019, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchblack View Post
Nice, what is the large red/dark green plant on the left foreground?

Bump:

Thanks

Oh, in that picture? Left foreground the big bushy stuff? Crypt undulata ďredĒ, and to the right of that is AR mini.

|
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

This crypt forest is really explosive, even still. Iím loving it but also worried that itís going to get to the point where itís going to take over that entire side. My pogostemon yatabeanus is struggling a little now, it used to be solid as a rock for me, and Iím afraid itís because of the dense crypts itís next to.

Also, would a mod be able to transfer this over to journals? Iím updating this thread often enough to where it seems appropriate.

Asteroid and Desert Pupfish like this.

|
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old Today, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I always find myself marveling at the beauty of this apisto. Iím tempted to find him a girlfriend to see if I can get some babies.

|
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old Today, 01:42 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
What the tank looks like today. I know the massive crypt garden is kind of out of place, but theyíre so pretty and full, I canít bring myself to pull them.

The blyxa japonica is doing very well.

I like the crypt. Crypts are really growing on me...so pretty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode