Thoughts on my first - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Frogbit should be fine unless your using a really hot incandescent or halide type lamp that will dry them out. And no, light wonít be to strong, thatís what makes them such great plants for cleaning water, they pull all co2 and light they need from surface and are little turbo charged water scrubbers.

And wait on other plants, those aponogeton bulbs are usually about 10-12Ē wide and 14-16Ē tall so those 2 more than likely will completely fill that back right area. Bad part is you never know what variety youíll get in those packs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKS View Post
Frogbit should be fine unless your using a really hot incandescent or halide type lamp that will dry them out. And no, light wonít be to strong, thatís what makes them such great plants for cleaning water, they pull all co2 and light they need from surface and are little turbo charged water scrubbers.

And wait on other plants, those aponogeton bulbs are usually about 10-12Ē wide and 14-16Ē tall so those 2 more than likely will completely fill that back right area. Bad part is you never know what variety youíll get in those packs.
How long till they get that big usually?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 09:04 PM
Planted Member

No. floating plants generally need high lighting.

'Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light' -Albus Dumbledore

'Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you have to keep moving' -Albert Einstein

'When in doubt, water change it out' -Nikolaus(Fishlore)

'Give me a fish and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I eat for a lifetime.' -(unknown)

'The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish' -(unknown)

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Think I might have done something wrong.... so I just got my frogbit in the mail and it looks pretty good... i didn't leave it in the mailbox too long (Texas heat) and i find one that's dead and one that was dying. I immediately removed the 2 and flushed them. Could the new plant be the problem? I didn't wash it like I should have just went straight from package to tank. One had what looked like a little bubble or blister type by the gills. The other 3 are fine as of right now nothing seems out of ordinary.

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrawl97 View Post
Think I might have done something wrong.... so I just got my frogbit in the mail and it looks pretty good... i didn't leave it in the mailbox too long (Texas heat) and i find one that's dead and one that was dying. I immediately removed the 2 and flushed them. Could the new plant be the problem? I didn't wash it like I should have just went straight from package to tank. One had what looked like a little bubble or blister type by the gills. The other 3 are fine as of right now nothing seems out of ordinary.

Found fish that is not plants

post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 02:10 AM
Algae Grower

You could even put the HOB on the side so water sweeps across the long side. I also recommend 2nd filtration like a small sponge filter, for just in case 1 breaks there is still 1 remaining keeping everything circulated. Also maybe add a prefilter sponge to your HOB so the mechanical filter of your HOB stays clean longer and may avoid sand going through the water pump. Aside from the 3 I mentioned which are mostly cautionary, tank looks good and looks cozy for the fish.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrawl97 View Post

Do waterchange

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode