• 2 Post By dang
  • 1 Post By dang
  • 1 Post By dang

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Plant Lover

PTrader: (0/0%)
29 Gallon Re-Scaped

I recently had to replace the light fixtures on my long going 29 gallon tank, which inspired me to add some new plants specimens. These have grown in nicely, and I will continue to "shape" the plants as they fill in. This was shot simply using my cell phone, so not the best quality. Not posting it in the journal section, because this isn't really that. Just a single shot for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4927 copy.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	469.5 KB
ID:	879425  

29 gallon, pH controlled CO2, Current USA + Pro LED, Eco-complete, Eheim Classic.

20L gallon, same configuration with HOB filter, suffering from tank size envy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 03:07 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Beautiful! Nice color and dense healthy looking plants. What lights did you change to?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 07:58 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dang View Post
I recently had to replace the light fixtures on my long going 29 gallon tank, which inspired me to add some new plants specimens. These have grown in nicely, and I will continue to "shape" the plants as they fill in. This was shot simply using my cell phone, so not the best quality. Not posting it in the journal section, because this isn't really that. Just a single shot for now.
pardon me while I drool over your massive wall of anubias.
Lovely tank!

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

~
~
~
~

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 08:30 PM

Nice blend of colors! Good job sir.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Plant Lover

Thanks, all. The lights are two Current USA + Pro fixtures. I started with one, but it was not enough light. They are not set to their max, though. I've trimmed the anubias back quite a bit, and the trimmings end up in my quarantine tank, since it has not much light on it. Some of the other plants grow so rapidly, that I am trimming a lot each week. I will add another photo from the side. It looks quite lovely from that angle.

29 gallon, pH controlled CO2, Current USA + Pro LED, Eco-complete, Eheim Classic.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Plant Lover

Adding two more photos of the tank, taken from an angle. It is a bit of a jungle. I need a bigger tank or need to do some serious cutting back. The were shot with a cell phone.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4952.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	477.2 KB
ID:	879581  

Name:	IMG_4954.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	624.1 KB
ID:	879583  

Discusluv likes this.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 03:40 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dang View Post
Adding two more photos of the tank, taken from an angle. It is a bit of a jungle. I need a bigger tank or need to do some serious cutting back. The were shot with a cell phone.
Beautiful!

The Phantom tetras, Rummy-nose and Neons look great in that colorful tank!

Great photography skills as well.

180 g. low tech w/ wild South American cichlids, corydoras eques, and African Congo riverine tetras.
60 g. low tech w/ F1 Alenquer pair /Stendker "Tefe" discus and wild Altum Angels
30 g. low tech w/ Wild Tucano tetras
30 g. low-tech African Biotope
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 01:17 PM
Algae Grower

nice work.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Plant Lover

Thank you, Joe and Discusluv. I am used to looking through a camera... I am a visual artist, so kind of trained that way.

Early on I had Riccia, some Gloso (maybe) and some Dwarf Sag in the foreground. Over the years the Crypts have taken over this area, but I keep them cut short in the foreground. Among other things, this allows the group of Cories (who hide out, except at feeding time) to be able to get to their food (sinking wafers). So instead of a lush green carpet, the foreground is more like a "carpet backer" made of a rough fiber, ha ha. And it is more deep olive green than a lush verdant bright green.

I am hoping to do two more tanks in the future. A rimless iwagumi, that will not be too large (perhaps) in a classic style, and a large tank that can accommodate my planted tank fantasies. We may be doing some work on the house though, so it will wait until after that... maybe a few years out.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 02:22 PM
Algae Grower

I absolutely love the crypt foreground. I really like the colors and textures it adds.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 05:13 AM
Planted Member

Amazing, great job.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Plant Lover

I cut back the plants a bit a couple of days ago, so here is a new cell phone photo, not of the highest quality.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D61AF985-FCF5-46C8-B1BF-28A56692DB0F_1554172233029.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	4.11 MB
ID:	879895  

celadon likes this.

Last edited by dang; 04-02-2019 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Correcting syntax (writing) so more sensible.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode