Flashing lights - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 6Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
RWaters's Avatar
 
PTrader: (30/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On an Island
Posts: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenry7711 View Post
For any one interested, this is the transformer I used to get mine going again,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y2NDMC7
The transformer cited above is no longer available. Does anyone know of an inexpensive replacement for the 36" Planted+ light?

Have you succumbed to the pleasure of Multiple Tank Syndrome? I feel your pain!
RWaters is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 03:17 AM
Algae Grower
 
dhenry7711's Avatar
 
PTrader: (5/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Georgia USA
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWaters View Post
The transformer cited above is no longer available. Does anyone know of an inexpensive replacement for the 36" Planted+ light?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWaters View Post
The transformer cited above is no longer available. Does anyone know of an inexpensive replacement for the 36" Planted+ light?
Something like this should work good,

15 VDC 4A AC Adapter Power Supply with 2.1 x 5.5mm Plug Center Positive (+) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072YL5GKH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_te5MzbFF60VFV

You'll want a 15v 4 amp power supply for the 36" planted+. Make sure you get the 4amp brick style and not the less powerful 2amp wall wart style. Mine still working great and power supply runs cooler than a stock one. Be prepared to splice into the original cord, just use a multimeter to check polarity and you'll be set. 10 minute repair job will get ya going again, best,
dhenry7711 is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
RWaters's Avatar
 
PTrader: (30/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On an Island
Posts: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenry7711 View Post
Something like this should work good,

15 VDC 4A AC Adapter Power Supply with 2.1 x 5.5mm Plug Center Positive (+) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072YL5GKH..._te5MzbFF60VFV

You'll want a 15v 4 amp power supply for the 36" planted+. Make sure you get the 4amp brick style and not the less powerful 2amp wall wart style. Mine still working great and power supply runs cooler than a stock one. Be prepared to splice into the original cord, just use a multimeter to check polarity and you'll be set. 10 minute repair job will get ya going again, best,
Thanks. Unfortunately, I have no idea what "Be prepared to splice into the original cord, just use a multimeter to check polarity and you'll be set" means. I get the splicing part but multimeter's and polarity were never taught in business school.

Have you succumbed to the pleasure of Multiple Tank Syndrome? I feel your pain!
RWaters is offline  
 
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 02:30 AM
Algae Grower
 
dhenry7711's Avatar
 
PTrader: (5/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Georgia USA
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWaters View Post
Thanks. Unfortunately, I have no idea what "Be prepared to splice into the original cord, just use a multimeter to check polarity and you'll be set" means. I get the splicing part but multimeter's and polarity were never taught in business school.
Unfortunately the original Finnex power supply has some proprietary ends on it so it wouldn't be a matter of simply plugging in a new one. Having said that though it is still not too difficult to switch these out. I'm away from home on business now but can take some pictures and send you what I did this weekend.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dhenry7711 is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
 
RWaters's Avatar
 
PTrader: (30/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: On an Island
Posts: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenry7711 View Post
Unfortunately the original Finnex power supply has some proprietary ends on it so it wouldn't be a matter of simply plugging in a new one. Having said that though it is still not too difficult to switch these out. I'm away from home on business now but can take some pictures and send you what I did this weekend.
That would be great! Thank you.

Have you succumbed to the pleasure of Multiple Tank Syndrome? I feel your pain!
RWaters is offline  
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 09:24 PM
Algae Grower
 
geekdad's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 49
Just had another Finnex start flashing... sigh. Ordered a 15V power supply for $9. Should do the trick.
geekdad is offline  
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome