Having trouble making account to site with same layout - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 03:02 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Having trouble making account to site with same layout

Hello. I am posting this here because I don't really know where to ask. I am having trouble making an account at another website that has the exact same layout and design just about a different subject...it keeps telling me I cannot make two accounts but it does not let me sign in as this username that I have at TPT either. How or what should I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 08:47 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
I am a bit confused as to what the situation is.

You are trying to make an account on another website (that has the same layout and design as TPT), but is completely unrelated to TPT in any way. If this is the case and you are having problems, then you should contact that particular site administrator, as TPT would not be involved in any way.

Anthony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Sounds like you already registered on that site under the email your trying to use. Use that sites "forgot my user name/pass word" function and reset everything.

I'm a member on several forums that use the vBulletin platform and have never had a problem registering on a new one.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 11:27 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (485/100%)
Your best bet would be to actually look at whatever site at which you're attempting to register an account. Read their guidelines. Check their FAQ. Or use their contact us option to get assistance.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (111/100%)
Is your computore trying to log you in automatically with the wrong ingo?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatastic View Post
Hello. I am posting this here because I don't really know where to ask. I am having trouble making an account at another website that has the exact same layout and design just about a different subject...it keeps telling me I cannot make two accounts but it does not let me sign in as this username that I have at TPT either. How or what should I do?
Hi,
What is the other website? Also, did you already have an existing account on this other site?

Thanks,
Marie, Community Support

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hello everyone. I figured out what the problem was. The website is run on the exact same vBulletin platform TPT is run and for some reason (I think it was the cookies/auto-fill or something on my phone) it glitches and thought I was a member on that other forum even when I tried signing-ul with different emails. I was able to successfully register on my laptop , though, and am able to log in to each individual site on my phone without issues now.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode