I need help buying plants for my tank. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
I need help buying plants for my tank.

Hi! I need help from you guys regarding getting some plans for my tank. I live in Pakistan and there is not a lot of variety of aquarium plants available here. So I want to get aquarium plants internationally shipped from somewhere. Can you guys please recommend any website that has international shipping and you had a very good experience with it? I would be really thankful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 11:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
The shipments took 20 days from Malaysia to me so lots of the plants died, but I knew that before I bought from aquatic magic on E-Bay.

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. Is there any other website other than aquatic magic?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 11:15 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (485/100%)
Shipping plants across borders requires phytosanitary certification. You'll want to use the search engine of your choice to locate retailers, probably in other parts of Asia (or maybe even some European retailers), who can provide the proper documentation for customs.

Ordering from an auction site where people typically break the law in avoiding customs documentation is a quick way to lose money or risk getting into trouble.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015, 09:16 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (94/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
Shipping plants across borders requires phytosanitary certification. You'll want to use the search engine of your choice to locate retailers, probably in other parts of Asia (or maybe even some European retailers), who can provide the proper documentation for customs.

Ordering from an auction site where people typically break the law in avoiding customs documentation is a quick way to lose money or risk getting into trouble.
+1 If you're going to do it internationally best to make sure to do it legally. You don't want gov't representatives showing up at your door.

|
|
|
(Defunct) |
|
|

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (29/100%)
Do people actually crack down on things like this? Would someone REALLY show up at my door over receiving some plants?

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 05:50 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

Depending upon the country you're in or what you're receiving, absolutely.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Algae Grower

Please check Below link..u can buy buy online here

http://www.petsmart.com/fish/live-pl...6-catid-300070
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 07:15 AM
Algae Grower

please check below..u can buy online plants for fish tank

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/a...lies.cfm?c=768
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Algae Grower

please check on google..u can find so many website for plants...
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klibs View Post
Do people actually crack down on things like this? Would someone REALLY show up at my door over receiving some plants?
Some countries can be pretty paranoid, and I would say the biggest concern would be the introduction of invasive plant species and inverts. Can't say I've heard of anyone tracking a shipment down, but you never know!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (94/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinfish View Post
Some countries can be pretty paranoid, and I would say the biggest concern would be the introduction of invasive plant species and inverts. Can't say I've heard of anyone tracking a shipment down, but you never know!
I've heard stories about people buying internationally off ebay and having people show up questioning them....

|
|
|
(Defunct) |
|
|

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 09:28 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

It's happened to users here a few times.

Usually it's because someone didn't know any better. But is a real hassle with real potential for legal trouble in many countries.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode