Petsmart online Free Shipping on orders over $25 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
Petsmart online Free Shipping on orders over $25

Code AUGFS

Here's all the subtext:

*Offer valid through August 11, 2008 at noon. ET. Enter code AUGFS (enter code as it appears, in all caps) in the promotional code field of your shopping cart with your PetSmart.com order sub-totaling $25 or more (excluding sales tax and shipping fees) to receive free Economy Ground shipping. Offer excludes purchases of dog food, cat food, cat litter, heavy items, or materials requiring special handling. Maximum $150 value (U.S. dollars) based on standard shipping rates. Additional exclusions may apply and will be noted on the product detail page. Offer valid only for orders shipped within the contiguous 48 U.S. states and to military APO/FPO addresses. May not be valid with any other discount or offer. Terms and conditions of this offer are subject to change at the sole discretion of PetSmart.

Happy shopping!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 01:50 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (10/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraleellbp View Post
Code AUGFS

[/COLOR]
Sweet thanks for this...I'm trying to decrease my spending but I've been reading planted tank for the last few hrs and so now I really want another tank + some new shrimp (CRS / Bees / etc.) if I can find them for less than like $10/each. This will clearly help the addiction!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
I'd rather pay some more $$$ thank shopping at Petsmart or any of the other places selling abominations like this: http://www.petsmart.com/graphics/pro...-3763471dt.jpg

I'm aware that some people do not have any alternatives to shopping at chain stores, but those who do I urge to avoid them like the devil.

Pimp Club Member #313

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Banned

PTrader: (24/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarist_Fist View Post
I'd rather pay some more $$$ thank shopping at Petsmart or any of the other places selling abominations like this: http://www.petsmart.com/graphics/pro...-3763471dt.jpg

I'm aware that some people do not have any alternatives to shopping at chain stores, but those who do I urge to avoid them like the devil.
They have some of the best prices on high end filters. I have purchased most of my Eheims from petsmart and saved alot of money. If you have if you would rather throw your money away because they sell something you disagree with, I can understand that. But I will buy my stuff from the people that will give me the best price.

Ehfipimp #273 ( Eheim Classic: 2260, 2217, Eheim Ecco: 2236, 2232 ) Fluval FX5

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
I respect your opinion, but unfortunately, those offering the best prices usually make compromises in terms of integrity.

Is supporting a good cause money thrown away? I don't know. I'm not rich, but $20 or even $50 more for a filter is a ridiculously small amount, given how much money I spend on things that are not important every day. A filter you buy once every couple years, a $3.50 latte every day...

Pimp Club Member #313
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
Yeah well, I don't buy the $3.50 lattes, either. Petsmart doesn't get my business when it comes to livestock, but they get quite a bit of my business when it comes to dry goods.

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
Looking through Petsmart's site, the prices aren't that great, but that's an amazing coupon. Free shipping on $25 orders? How often do you hear that in this hobby?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Banned

PTrader: (24/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarist_Fist View Post
I respect your opinion, but unfortunately, those offering the best prices usually make compromises in terms of integrity.
I have had nothing but good experiences with Petsmarts customer service. They have, the two times I contacted them, done everything they could to "make it right".

Granted, I only buy from them when they offer "x amount off" or free shipping.

Ehfipimp #273 ( Eheim Classic: 2260, 2217, Eheim Ecco: 2236, 2232 ) Fluval FX5

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 05:51 PM
planted tank sickness

PTrader: (14/100%)
Quote:
Here's all the subtext:
Offer excludes purchases of dog food, cat food, cat litter, heavy items, or materials requiring special handling. Maximum $150 value (U.S. dollars) based on standard shipping rates. Additional exclusions may apply and will be noted on the product detail page.
basically this would exclude liquids, tanks, stands, lights, anything fragile or that might need special packing.

not the best coupon, but its a bit of a help. that being said, I prefer to spend my money elsewhere.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
Quote:
Yeah well, I don't buy the $3.50 lattes, either. Petsmart doesn't get my business when it comes to livestock, but they get quite a bit of my business when it comes to dry goods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fshfanatic View Post
I have had nothing but good experiences with Petsmarts customer service. They have, the two times I contacted them, done everything they could to "make it right".

Granted, I only buy from them when they offer "x amount off" or free shipping.
+1.

I buy a ton of dry goods from PetSmart, especially with their price match policy. I've never been able to get them to pricematch other sites, but even their online prices are pretty good. I just drive there (short trip) with my printout and save on shipping.

With that said, I think I need to buy the 2.2 pound bag of algae wafers for my shrimp.

Thanks.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
looks like i'm getting more penuin filters...

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
I managed a Petsmart for six years and I still shop there alot. They treat their employees like crap but their policies on their animals are very good. There might be some bad stores out there but that would be a staffing issue. The corperate policies are enforced very well, and I never saw any neglect, abuse, etc.

They might sell some crapy products but the employees are suppose to recommend better products. But as you all know some people are gonna buy what they are gonna buy and nobody can tell them any different. And of course they are a business and the point of that is to make money.

And as for the prices I think the are very competitive. I would suggest printing of the items online and taking the prints into the store they will match their own internet prices.

And if you want to know I quit because my boss was the DEVIL with a tan and painted finger nails.

Just my $.02
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenmws View Post
And if you want to know I quit because my boss was the DEVIL with a tan and painted finger nails.
She sounds hot. Pics?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
She's all yours buddy

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
^ LOL - greatest response ever

Remember it's retail, they have to make money. If everyone stops buying the stuff like that lava lamp for bettas, they will stop selling it. I have bought many fish from my Petsmart (not many local shops are better) and have had very healthy fish. I've even bought Ottos from there with great results.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode