Free desktop wallpapers - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
2la

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi all,

I finally got around to editing some of my photos from the past several months and created desktop wallpaper images out of a few of them. Feel free to use them for your desktop (up to a resolution of 1280x1024), but I do request that the images are not altered in any way other than resizing to fit your screen. You'll need to create a free account to get in, and once you do the password to the gallery is "aquahobby". Click on the images to get the full-resolution image to open in a new window.

Cheers,

2la
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 12:27 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Thanks 2la. Now if you had made them a decent size like 1600x1200 I would go download them
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 01:52 AM

2la, Your photos are beautiful! What type of camera do you use? Thanks for sharing the wallpaper with us.
Carla

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
2la

Sorry, Rex, next batch they'll be 1600x1200. We can't all have 48" monitors like you.

Carla, the earlier photos (they're date coded) were taken with a 3.2MP Sony DSC-P1. The ones from the last couple months were taken with a 5MP Sony DSC-F717. I've also got a macro lens that I'm playing with, so we'll see what pops up in the next few weeks.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 12:46 PM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
Those are some fantastic pictures! Even though I run 1600x1200 most of the time, I don't like for my wallpaper to fill the entire screen so these are a perfect size!

- Sam P -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Low Tech Planted Nanos with Bettas
Former Tank Journals:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 04:35 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Tula, got a couple of questions about one of these photos (the away-team white sand and rocks moonscape)-
Is the big rock in the background a big rock or a background (I couldn't tell for sure, even after tilting my monitor, but I'm betting a real rock). And how long did that sand stay scaped that way after the photo?
thanks-

James

James
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
2la

I assume you mean this one (which I entitled, "Making mountains out of mole hills")?

Those are indeed real rocks, collected from the local Sandy River in Troutdale, OR. The sand stayed that way as long as the Neolamprologus multifasciatus allowed it to stay that way. In fact, though the picture isn't of the greatest photographic quality, I enjoy it and chose to make it a wallpaper because it reflects the industrious nature of the multifasciatus, which, unless the floorspace is thoroughly littered with shells, will dig down straight to the glass bottom of the tank in an effort to uncover more (but nonexistent) shells. They are amazing dredgers for their size, as any enamored multifasciatus owner will tell you. The "mountain" is the end result of this fish's busy work; if you look at the bottom right foot of the "mountain," you'll notice the opening to his shell. I got so affectionately frustrated with their efforts to 'customize' the tank that I siphoned out several pounds of sand to keep them from digging so much.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 10:43 AM
Wannabe Guru

That tiny fish did that? That is totally amazing- here I was thinking you designed it that way. I'm not familiar with Neolamprologus multifasciatus, and have never kept any of the Rift lake ciclids even though I had the right water for it in times past. My wife knows zero about fw fish, but manages to find the African ciclids in every store we go in, and tells me "these are the ones I like".

I find the photo to be very pleasing, despite your comments about the quality, it is the one on my desktop. Something about the composition of the dark and light, and the shapes make it my favorite.

James

James
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
2la

Yes, that little devil of a fish did that, and I'm glad you enjoyed the picture enough to put it on your desktop. Beware when traisping with the thought of keeping Tanganyikans--they are HIGHLY addictive, both for their interesting forms and colors as well as their behaviors. I love this lake's fish!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 01:50 AM
Wannabe Guru

I have no doubt a fish like that would keep me entertained for hours on end. I don't dare tell my wife they have any personality...

Not only that, I would almost swear I saw three of these in an LFS tonight. They were less than an inch long, poised and extremely alert.

I'll stop now.

James

James

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode