One Awesome 100 G! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (5/100%)
I stumbled across this while browsing aquabotanic's forum. It is one heck of an awesome 100 gallon custom tank. This guy definately knows what he is doing!

Here is a link to the construction: http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.c...2&m=3296099912

and a link to his aquascaping:
http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.c...2&m=1836028832

Enjoy!
Kyle

Please Send all Support Requests to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 05:10 AM
Planted Member

geezz.... I wish i had that much time avail.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 10:53 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
I read on that board that this is his first planted tank.
:shock:

James

James

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 12:41 PM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
Yeah, it is his first tank. He set it up with the guidance of the forum and did a heck of a job at it. It just goes to show how simple this hobby really can be with an adequate budget and things are done right the first time.

- Sam P -

Low Tech Planted Nanos with Bettas
Former Tank Journals:

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 01:39 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfCoastAquarian
It just goes to show how simple this hobby really can be with an adequate budget and things are done right the first time.
Highlighted the operant terms. I'm working on my first real planted tank (I had attempted one in a former life about a score of years ago), and my budget to start with will be adequate for a low tech tank. I think James Hoftiezer has a good creative sense of composition, though. I find his aquascaping extraordinary for a first try. I should hope to have half that success!

James

James
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 01:49 PM
Planted Member

whats the tank to the left in most of the pics?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
agreed totally! Didnt you like his plumbing design--very clean and reliable looking. He had it all, UV, CO2w/reg, filter, water outlets and excellent lighting. Okay, whats it going to take to get him posting over here? I dont mind if hes a mod from another board, why not enrich us as well!

His tank is baaaad to the bone. Geez, lubbock does not have near the plant selection that guy obviously has access to.

Brandon

small old reef tank:

still running in 2018

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 09:16 PM

PTrader: (9/100%)
I watched the whole thing go together as he was putting it together. Not in person but on the site.
He had that tank custom made to his specs. He really did put a lot of thought into it and designed it pretty much from the ground up.
Really nice job.
I think half the pleasure in this hobby is setting it up and tinkering to get it just right.
I got mine the way I like it now and I'm getting a little bored. ops:
I think its time to invest in a whole bunch of new plants to get the creative juices flowing again. :P

Marcel
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2003, 02:30 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.lemay
I got mine the way I like it now and I'm getting a little bored. ops:
Marcel
(sound of rolling thunder)

Tempting fate, eh?

Do I sense a monster attack of algae just around the corner??
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2003, 03:17 AM

PTrader: (9/100%)
Algae doesn't scare me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
But seriously, I haven't had an algae outbreak yet and thats because of a few factors.
I reset the tank weekly with a 50% change.
I try to do major prunings slowly.
When I know I'm about to do some major replanting I lay off on the fertilizers for a couple of weeks.
I never replant and clean my filter at the same time.
Green spot algae is the only algae I fight occasionally, usually with a razor blade.

Marcel
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to JamesHoftiezer Send a message via MSN to JamesHoftiezer
ops: uuuuuhhhh..... uuuummmmm ops:
Thanks for the compliments

Actually I started posting here a few weeks ago, but not enough to notice just yet.

This actually is my first tank, it is about six months old and it just finished first in the AB contest. All the details are on AB. I think the old journals (forum got revamped in Feb) are best if they're still up.

I also have a lot of it on my website, but I'm still working on the details there;
http://www.Hoftiezer.Net/personal/aquaria/

James Hoftiezer

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 09:31 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
take a bow James...you really deserve a hand for that tank.

As I'm sure anyone who has had "gardens" in their tanks and those that are new to the hobby can attest... its no easy task to create what you have accomplished in your aquarium.
Never mind the money it takes...
It all begins with choosing lighting, plants, structure , equiptment, fish, fertilizer dosages etc. and thats the easy part... :roll:

Its putting it all together and the countless hours of pruning and fertilizing to achieve that look that deserves the hand... truly an an accomplishment to be proud of...

Whats the future look like for your aquascape? Maintain it or make changes?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to JamesHoftiezer Send a message via MSN to JamesHoftiezer
This is a picture of the tank......

It never stays the same long.
Right now I am trying to enhance the terracing in the foreground, changing the plants on the left and trimming the right a little differently.

James Hoftiezer

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode