• 4 Post By StevieD
  • 2 Post By Riceman
  • 2 Post By Triport
  • 2 Post By StevieD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Location: Park City KS (Our House consists of, 4 glass boxes 5 miniature dachshunds and a black cat)
Cryptocoryne Wendtii for beginners/Aquarium Tidings

I clicked on something once, and I found myself down the rabbit hole of the internet.

Well I did it again this morning, and I actually found something worth reading instead of the usual drivel.

Cryptocoryne Wendtii How to Grow and Care for Cryptocoryne Wendtii. I have been a fan of Cryptocorynes since my first aquarium in 1968.

I am far from an expert, and there is as always much to learn so off I went and read from beginning to end.

Perfect for beginners to our wonderful hobby, not too detailed but enough so that someone brand new gets the basics.

Take only pictures, leave only footprints.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 02:40 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
I clicked on something once, and I found myself down the rabbit hole of the internet.

Well I did it again this morning, and I actually found something worth reading instead of the usual drivel.

Cryptocoryne Wendtii How to Grow and Care for Cryptocoryne Wendtii. I have been a fan of Cryptocorynes since my first aquarium in 1968.

I am far from an expert, and there is as always much to learn so off I went and read from beginning to end.

Perfect for beginners to our wonderful hobby, not too detailed but enough so that someone brand new gets the basics.
Did you by chance save the Web page? If so, please share?

Janie

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk
StevieD and StevieD like this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Location: Park City KS (Our House consists of, 4 glass boxes 5 miniature dachshunds and a black cat)
oops that would have been to much like common sense huh?

https://aquariumtidings.com/cryptoco...oryne-wendtii/

Yes I sure did and here it is, my only excuse it was *very* early in the morning.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 12:26 AM
Algae Grower

I've had the "bronze" Wendtii for several years now,it took over the 100gal. tank.The T-5's went
bad and I let it go for about 2 months,then I bought an LED and they are slowly coming back
in force.
StevieD and StevieD like this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Wow I would love to see a 100 gallon tank dominated by Cryptocorynes. I must admit they are one of my favorite plants. I currently have five or six different ones in my 50 gallon. I was fortunate that I did not get hit with the usual wilting after being transplanted, please believe me it was definitely more good luck than good management.

The first one I got is dominating the center of the tank and it seems like an almost daily occurrence when I see new leaves.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 10:54 AM
Algae Grower

Love crypts! Thanks for the link @StevieD
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 11:04 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
Wow I would love to see a 100 gallon tank dominated by Cryptocorynes. I must admit they are one of my favorite plants. I currently have five or six different ones in my 50 gallon. I was fortunate that I did not get hit with the usual wilting after being transplanted, please believe me it was definitely more good luck than good management.

The first one I got is dominating the center of the tank and it seems like an almost daily occurrence when I see new leaves.
Me too! I just did a 20 long with a few species and if I get a bigger tank for my African tetras I am hoping to make their current 46 bowfront into a SE Asia tank with Java fern, Buce, and Crypts as the plants. I already have it all planned out in my head.

I had some C. wendtii 'Red' in a 20g low tech for 3 years and it survived but when I moved it to a high tech tank it really took off. It is so beautiful now.

Here is a pic from 2 weeks ago but since then it has put on even more new growth. There are a bunch of tiny leaves from runners growing up around the base of the largest plant now.

Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Red' by Kaveh Maguire, on Flickr
Riceman and Riceman like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triport View Post
Me too! I just did a 20 long with a few species and if I get a bigger tank for my African tetras I am hoping to make their current 46 bowfront into a SE Asia tank with Java fern, Buce, and Crypts as the plants. I already have it all planned out in my head.

I had some C. wendtii 'Red' in a 20g low tech for 3 years and it survived but when I moved it to a high tech tank it really took off. It is so beautiful now.

Here is a pic from 2 weeks ago but since then it has put on even more new growth. There are a bunch of tiny leaves from runners growing up around the base of the largest plant now.

Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Red' by Kaveh Maguire, on Flickr
That looks a really really nice example you have there!

Christmas is just around the corner and I already have my order in with my beloved for a 48" LED.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode